You limited your search to:

  Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission
[Madison Gas Station/Store - 109 South Main Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Mr. Madison's Ford Gas Station and Store on Ogden Street. Reportedly the first Ford agency in Del Rio in 1920. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24848/
[Malley Home - 514 Spring Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24766/
[Marcy Martin - Main Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Reportedly built as a grocery store; served as "western" store at time of photo. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24836/
[Marini Barn - Corner Hudson and Nicholson Streets]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Two story adobe barn built in 1909 with 18 inch thick walls, original windows and shutters, tin roof. Neal Kerr owned in 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24807/
[Marini Home - Corner Hudson and Nicholson Streets]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. One story wood house built in 1912; plastic siding does not ruin lines of building. Neal Kerr owns in 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24808/
[Marion Pafford Home - 305 Canal]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Plaster. Owned by Leslie Schmidt in 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24744/
[Moody House - Las Vacas Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Built in early 1900s by Bedell Moore of hand cut rock; Moody Foundation owns it in 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24769/
[Old City Hall - Fire Station - Police Department - 120 East Garfield]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Built 1924 by Charles Siever for the City of Del Rio to house City Hall, Police Department, and Fire Station; used for Del Rio Boys' Club in 1976; shortly after that became home of Del Rio Council for the Arts which is still there in 2007. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24826/
[Old Del Rio National Bank - SW Corner Main Street and Greenwood]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Designed in 1910 by architect Alfred Giles for Del Rio National Bank; owned by Victor Lee in 1976 as Del Rio Loan Company; 2007 owned by Marty Humphreys and still operated as Del Rio Loan Company. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24822/
[Old Federal Building - Corner of Main and Broadway]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Built by the United States government in 1915-16, this Italian Renaissance structure originally housed the Post Office as well as the Federal Court system; c. 1995 it became the Val Verde County Judicial Center. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24838/
[Old Val Verde County Jail - a - 209 Losoya]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Built in 1887 by John Taini at the same time as the County Courthouse in the same rock. Originally used as a jail, being used as tax office in 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24790/
[Old Val Verde County Jail - b - 209 Losoya]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Built in 1887 by John Taini at the same time as the County Courthouse in the same rock. Originally used as a jail, being used as tax office in 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24789/
[Orr House - 401 East Greenwood Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Built 1918 for Dr. and Mrs. B. F. Orr. Michael Stool owns it in 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24785/
[Patton Home - Greenwood Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Adobe house with 18 inch walls built in 1880s. Reportedly Hal Patten came to Del Rio with Mr. Borroum and had a horse-and-buggy taxi. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24786/
[Pennington Building - 625 South Main Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Reportedly built of brick c. 1990s, originally used as a drug store; May Warren owns and operates store in 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24823/
[Perry Store (Whitehead Memorial Museum) -- 1400 block of South Main Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Perry Store was built by John Perry in 1873 as general store and stage stop on road from San Antonio to El Paso. Reported built by Mexican Indians, two story, stacked flint rock walls 18 inches thick with cypress ceilings, original doors and windows. Wood came from Victoria by ox cart. A Recorded Texas Historical Landmark. In 1976 it is anchor for Whitehead Memorial Museum (still is in 2008). texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24813/
[Price Lumber Company - a - 43? South Main Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Reportedly built originally by Mr. Price for the Price Lumber Company; serving as carpet store in 1976. Adobe structure. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24832/
[Price Lumber Company - b - 432 South Main Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. View of alley to back of Price Lumber Company. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24831/
[Price Woods House - 609 Griner]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Two story Victorian built 1907 by Price who owned Del Rio's first lumber yard; altered plastic wood-like siding added by 1976; building subdivided into apartments by 1976 and owned by Dr. Turullahs. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24734/
[Qualia Winery - a - Hudson Drive]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Louis Qualia started the Val Verde Winery in 1882, making it the oldest continuously operated bonded winery in the state of Texas. Two story barn built of adobe with 18 inch walls, original windows and doors. Son Thomas Qualia operates winery in 1976. Still in family operation in 2008. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24804/
[Qualia Winery - b - Hudson Drive]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Louis Qualia started the Val Verde Winery in 1882, making it the oldest continuously operated bonded winery in the state of Texas. Two story barn built of adobe with 18 inch walls, original windows and doors. Son Thomas Qualia operates winery in 1976. Still in family operation in 2008. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24803/
[Railroad House - 110 East Martin Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Southern Pacific Railroad built house for workers; built by John Taini. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24845/
[Railroad House - 112 East Martin Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Southern Pacific Railroad house built for workers; built by John Taini. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24846/
[Railroad House - 114 East Martin Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Southern Pacific Railroad built house for workers; built by John Taini. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24847/
[Railroad House - 127 East Martin Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Southern Pacific Railroad built house for workers; built by John Taini; carport added later. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24728/
[Railroad House - East Martin Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Southern Pacific Railroad built house for workers; built by John Taini. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24833/
[Railroad Rooms - 109 West Martin Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Mr. White and Mr. McGity built early "rooms" for Southern Pacific Railroad employees. Facility is adobe. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24843/
[Ray Home - Duke Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Built in 1877 by Bochat, reportedly one of the first ten houses built in Del Rio, adobe with 18 inch walls, small and high windows and fireplace inside living room. Charles Ray owns home in 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24733/
[Rose Building (Burke) -- 748 South Main Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Reportedly built 1907; owned by Major Dobkins. Two-story rock building with basement, original windows and doors and wrought iron exterior stairway "New Orleans style." texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24820/
[Ross Drug Store -- 800 South Main Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Owned by Ross family who purchased from Mr. Pennington in 1911. Ulric Ross started work in drug store when he was 12 years old. Two story handmade brick with basement, original sign in window of gold gilt, original windows and doors; front cut stone. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24818/
[Sally Wolford Home - 417 East Garfield]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Owned by Marvin B. Vick in 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24757/
[Salvatierra Home - a - Wallen Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Built in 1875 of lumber; well in yard. (Reportedly Mr. and Mrs. Salvatierra married in Paula Rivers' yard, and he lived in a sapa along the San Felipe Creek in 1870 when he first came to Del Rio.) texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24812/
[Salvatierra Home - b - Wallen Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Built in 1975 of lumber, well in yard. (Reportedly Mr. and Mrs. Salvatierra married in Paula Rivers' yard, and he lived in a sapa along the San Felipe Creek in 1870 whe he first came to Del Rio.) texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24811/
[Schubert Home - West 1st Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24758/
[Smith-Hazel Whitehead Coe Home - 200 East 8th Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Mr. Smith, whole grocery business, built plaster house; later remodeled; owned by Robert Warren in 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24760/
[Sneddon Home - 100 East 1st Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24741/
[Swift Home - 400 Spring Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Rock and frame. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24747/
[Tagliabue Home - 609 Pecan Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. This adobe building with 18 inch walls is reportedly the "seventh house built in Del Rio" about 1873 -- the store was added later. Charlie Tagliabue owned in 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24794/
[Tagliabue Store - 609 Pecan Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. This adobe building with 18 inch walls is reportedly the "seventh house built in Del Rio" about 1873 -- the store was added later. Charlie Tagliabue owned in 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24795/
[Taini Home - SE Corner Main and Ney Streets]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. John Taini, Italian stonemason, built this one story Spanish-Italian cut rock home with its original windows and doors, fountain, and fence in 1889. Home with tin roof owned by Mrs. Theo Ramirez in 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24815/
[Tardy Dam - East of Main Street on San Felipe Creek at Johnson Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Mr. Tardy built the dam in the early 1880s to water his dairy cows behind his home on Losoya Street. Owned by Moody Foundation in 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24782/
[Tardy Home - 703 Losoya Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Built about 1880 for H. C. Tardy who moved back to Sabinal in 1885 after selling the home to Ben Borroum. 1976 owner is Jerrell Edmison. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24783/
[Taylor Duke Commercial Building - Main Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Reportedly Taylor Duke Meat Market was built by Mr. Randall; later used for other commercial enterprises. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24839/
[Teasdale Home - 109 West 2nd Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Frame; remodeled. Owned by Burt Smith in 1976. Check Marion Russell. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24753/
[Thurmond Home - 514 East Garfield]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Frame. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24755/
[Tom Pafford Home - 709 Pecan Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. One story adobe building covered by wood paneling built by Tom Pafford around 1868. Pafford was one of the five men who began the San Felipe Agricultural Manufacturing Irrigation Company. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24796/
[Tom Payne Building - 432 South Main Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Tin building altered from original construction reportedly sometime between 1885-1900; orginally used as a store; used as a store by Gordon Walton in 1976. (other side of alley for Price Lumber Building) texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24830/
[Val Verde County Courthouse - a - 400 Pecan Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Built in 1887 by Italian stonemason John Taini with hand-cut rock and original windows and doors. Named to the National Register. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24792/
[Val Verde County Courthouse - b - 400 Pecan Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Built in 1887 by Italian stonemason John Taini with hand-cut rock and original windows and doors. Named to the National Register. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24791/
[W. K. Jones Home - 316 Garfield]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Lumber home built in 1884 for W. K. Jones who became the first Val Verde County Judge after helping to organize the county. Subdivided into apartments in 1976; owner is Doug Newton. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24774/