You limited your search to:

  Partner: Wilson County Historical Society
Alec Ormand
Photograph of Mr Alec Ormand on the night of the Butler's dance. Mr. Ormand appears to be quite young. He is wearing a three piece suit, white shirt and tie and a watch fob. In his left hand, he holds a thin cane or walking stick. His a felt hat is hanging from a fence post to his left. His right fist rests on his hip with his elbow cocked. This appears to be a posed photograph by a professional photographer. At the bottom of the photo are the words "Barr B San Antonio Texas", which may be the photographer's logo. His hair is dark and slicked back and he looks quite dapper. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth129886/
Alledo School
Photograph of children in front of school house. Pictured in photo are left to right: Top Row; Clara Kinsey, Verna Teague, Gussie Cox, Emma Kinsey 2nd Row; Unknown, Unknown, Unknown, Alfonso Grassel, Garvey Odom, Bryan Teague, Euclid Peavey 3rd Row: Edith Teague, Unknown, Bessie Cox, Etwell Peavy 4th Row; Arthur Smith, Unknown, Raymond Peavy, Vincent Grassell texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth129821/
Annie Dial Home
Photograph of white frame house with two front side porches. A small child is sitting in a stroller in front of the steps going to the porch on the left. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth129805/
Antonio A. Rodriguez Hotel
Photograph of two-story frame building with large wrap-around poches on bothe levels. A man is standing on left side of lower porch and a woman is standing on right side of lower porch. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth129827/
Asa Fuller, Sheriff 1961-1980
Portrait of Asa Fuller, sheriff of Wilson County, Texas, seated behind a desk. He is leaning back in an office chair with his left leg crossed over his right knee and he is smoking a cigarette; his badge is visible in his breast pocket. There is an ashtray on the desk in front of him, as well as a folded newspaper and various other documents. Handwritten text on the back of the photograph says: "Asa G. Fuller, 1961-1980." and "WCHS prop., donated by Sherriff [sic] 'Pete' Bauman, Nov. 1990." texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth307676/
Bathing Pool, Bath house and Pavillion
Artist rendering of the bathing pool, bath house and pavillion that opened for operation in 1910. The drawing features large buildings, a fresh water pool and the tree lined stream. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth129932/
Blue Bonnet Courts
Photograph of a park with Pecan trees, tables and benches. Small cabins can be seen in the background. Label on photograph says Pecan Park. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth129817/
Boy Scout at Rancho de las Cabras
First boy scout troop of Floresville, TX running foot races on the grounds of the old ranch. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth129879/
Boy Scouts at Mission de las Cabras
First boy scout troop of Floresville at the Mission de las Cabras practicing their first aid skills. In the doorway is a balck faced sheep. The mission rock wall can be seen in the background. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth129878/
The "Bradwin" Farm
Photograph of frame house with porch extending across the front. Two women are sitting in chairs on the porch; two children are sitting on the steps of the porch; a man is leaning against the porch on the right side. Trees are on both side of the house with a barn in the background. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth129833/
Business Section, Floresville, Texas
Third and "C" streets in Floresville on the west side of courthouse square. This is the business district of downtown floresville. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth129864/
C.A. Volrath Residence
Photograph of house almost hidden behind trees. In the foreground, there is a picket fence, with the gate open. To the right, is a well with a ladder leaning up against it. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth129882/
"C" Street, Floresville, TX
Photo of the busy downtown street in Floresville, Texas. The photo was taken at the corners of Third and what is today "C" streets. The business in the near right is the First National Bank next door to the Bakery. Noteworthy in this photo is the electric or telephone pole that is outside the bank. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth129865/
Camp Ranch Headquarters
Photograph of home of Mr. & Mrs. Keys. White frame ranch house with porch extending across front. A man and woman are standing in front of the porch. Three large trees are in front yard. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth129843/
Captain Will Wright
Captain William (Will) Lee Wright of the Texas Rangers. Captain Wright has piercing eyes with bushy full musche. He is dressed in a white shirt, patterned tie and dark suit. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth129894/
Central Rexall Drug Store
Photograph of the front of the I. D. Flores Drug Store. A wagon drawn by a single horse is in front of the store. Sitting on the seat of the wagon is Benjamin A. Quintanilla; holding the horse is Eligio P. Castro; and standing by the hitching post is I. D. Flores. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth129814/
Charlie Westerman's Second Cabin
Photograph of log cabin with open door and tin roof. This was the second cabin built by Uncle Charlie Westerman. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth129808/
Citizens of Stockdale
Photograph of several early citizens of Stockdale, Texas. The seated row included Robert Bishof, H. E. Edmiston, J.G. McCoy and Cornelison. Standing in the second row is Henry Smith, W.S. Palm, Jim Sutton, Jim J. Gresson, and Wiley R. Park. This photo was taken in the early 1900's. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth129930/
[Connally Family at Event]
A photograph of Gov. John Connally with wife Nellie, and their three children, John Connally III, Sharon, and Mark. Behind the family is a Welcome banner. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth129876/
Connally Family on the Courthouse Lawn
Connally family: Mark, Nellie, Gov. John Connally and Mother of Gov. John Connally, Lela with Wilson County Officials. Behind the family and officials is an American flag. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth129874/
Courthouse Yard
Photo taken from the bell tower of the Wilson County Courthouse looking down onto the front yard. Photograph is of what is now the corners of Third and "C" street. Businesses beyond the beautiful courtyard include Rhode One Price Cash Store, John Driffith Co., and The Palace. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth129868/
Cox Confectionary Store
Photograph of the inside of Cox Confectionary soda counter. There are two men behind the soda counter with ties on. One customer appears to be holding or standing close behind a Coca-Cola cut out at the end of the candy counter. There is a fourth gentleman seated on a bar stool in checkered pants, linen shirt and cowboy hat with a soda glass in hand. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth129812/
Cyril Patterson
Photograph of Cyril Patterson was head of the First National Bank of Floresville. Mr. Patterson has a very serious face. He is wearing a white collared shirt, patterned tie and striped jacket. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth129905/
I. D. Flores Drug Store
Interior of I. D. Flores Drug Story in Floresville, Texas. Identified in the photo is druggist I. D. Flores,Sr. and Benjamin A. Quintanilla. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth129813/
Dewees School House
Rustic wood frame school house with shutters on windows. Five men standing outside in front of the door next to a small pile of wood. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth129803/
Dewees, Texas Post Office
On the porch of the building is a man seated, a woman standing with another woman seated with child in arms. Water cistern on the left side of the building with a pipe attched to the roof gutter. It is a single story wood frame building with an attic window. Lower windows open. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth129798/
Ed Dewees
Studio portrait of Ed Dewees, son of Thomas Dewees. Ed Dewees appears to be a teeanager. He is sitting on a large, imitation stone, leaning on his left elbow on another imitation stone. In his right hand, he holds a narrow cane. He is wearing a dark suit and white shirt with perhaps a white tie. His hair is rather long on top and very curly and dark. He is wearing dark boots and his hat is on the ground by his right foot. His legs are crossed. The photographer's back drape shows a tree to the left of the photo. The photographer's name and information is at the bottom: Callaway, San Antonio, Texas texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth129888/
Ed Swift
Photograph of Mr. Ed Smith by professional photographer Crandal of Floresville, Texas. Mr. Swift looks straight into the camera with a serious expression. He is wearing a suit jacket with a pin in his lapel. His shirt is white and he wears a dark tie. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth129885/
F. W. Extence House
Photograph of white frame house with a wide front porch. Seven adults are standing on the porch; a litte girl is standing in the yard in front of the house. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth129806/
Farmers Cotton Gin
Photograph of large gin building. Baling equipment and three men are in the front of loading dock. Several men are standing on the loading dock. A water tower can be seen on the right side of the building and a windmill is visible in the background. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth129916/
Farmer's Cotton Gin
Photograph of large metal building with water tower to the right and a wind mill to the rear. Bales of cotton are on the loading deck with men two men standing behind the bales. Label on photo states: "Farmers Cotton Gin, Poth , Texas - 1911, The first bales of cotton ginned". texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth129913/
Fine Colts on the Stevens' Ranch
Photograph of horses and colts in a corral. Buildings are seen in the background. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth129834/
First Grand Jury of Wilson County
Photograph of fourteen men who were members of the first grand jury in Wilson County, Texas. They are posing together in two rows in front of an interior wall. Handwritten information on the back includes the names of the jurors and a note that says, "Aug 5, 1960, Sam Fere, Jr.'s Aunt. 1st Grand Jury of Wilson Co." First row (seated): N. B. Patterson, Herb Polley, Mr. Flores, S. V. Houston, Mr. Houck, P. J. Henry. Back row (standing): Nemencio de la Zerda, C. Sikes, Martin Covington, T. A. Hardin, J. A. McDonald, James Brown (county attorney), J. Kolodziej, Billie Atkinson (district attorney). texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth129907/
First State Bank of Sutherland Springs
Photograph of the bank at old town Sutherland Springs, Texas. Photographed outside of the bank from left to rightr is Unknown, Mr. and Mrs. C.E. Ford, Mrs. John Sutherland, 2 unidentified individuals, Mr. Winters, Bethel Field and 2 more unidentified individuals. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth129931/
Floresville Academy Students (Literary Lovely)
Photograph of Floresville Academy students. Pictured from left to right are: Top Left; Green Gillett Back Row; Zella Dickey, Annie Hassay, Kate Isviss, Jennie Bayles, Lola Gilleth, Eugene Dickey, Bob Seale Middle Row; Julia Agee, Morra Garrison, Osie Lawhon, Mary Houston, Carrie Evans, Maria Agee, Nannie, Houston, Garrison Front Row; Alonzo Franks, unknown, Grnest LeLivingson, Professor Lopas, Allie Murrary, Ebbie Agee, Claude Thomas texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth129822/
Floresville Baptist Church
Black and white photograph of the Floresville Baptist Church. There are two entries into the building with steps leading up to the doorways. In the front of the building is a lovely stain glass window. To one side of the building is a white picket fence and behind the church is a water tower and concrete building. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth129848/
Floresville Baptist Church
Photograph of white frame church building. There is a picket fence on the right and left sides of the church. Several buildings can be seen in the background. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth129819/
Floresville German Luthern Church
Photograph of white frame church with double doors in front. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth129844/
Floresville High School
Photograph of brick school building. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth129825/
Floresville High School
Photograph of large three story, brick school building with trees in foreground. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth129829/
Floresville Methodist Church
Black and white photo of the Floresville Methodist Church congregation as photographed by news editor Same Fore, Jr. in 1941. A group of church goers standing in fron the the Methodist Church. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth129847/
Floresville Public School
Photograph of white, two-story, brick building with tres in foreground and water tower and trees in background. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth129824/
Floresville School Students
Photograph of students in front of school house. The card held by the boy in the middle of the front row says; Floresville, Texas. The boy's name is Haywood McDaniel. The boy who is third from the right in the first row is Charlie Culpepper. The teacher on the top row, far left, is Miss Myrtle Hurley (Mrs. Ed Franklin). texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth129823/
Floresville Trades Day, 1906
This is a photograph of a hanging picture of downtown Floresville during the 1906 Trade Days. This photo shows the buildings, people, horses, wagon. On the back of the photograph it is noted that Mrs. Ed Franklin was queen and Rosalie Stevenson and Maude Neal were the princesses. R.R. Smith, attorney, crowned the queen for the festivities. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth129861/
Gail Schriber at the Barker-Hubinger House
Photograph of Gail Schriber at the Barker-Hubinger house. She is wearing a white, belted dress and is holding a glass in her right hand. She is wearing Keds-type tennis shoes. She stands to the rights of a recessed screened door, with a concrete step in front of it. The outer wall of the house is red sandstone with thick mortar. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth129884/
Gail Schrieber at Rancho De Los Cabras Ruins
Photograph of... texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth129883/
Gov. John Connally and His Mother
Governor John B. Connally is photographed here with his mother Lela Connally at her home in Floresville, Texas, texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth129877/
Governor Connally and Mother
Governor John Connally and his mother Mrs. J.B. [Lela] Connally. Behind Governor Connally is a naval officer and a brick building. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth129875/
A.H. Poth Building - built 1914
Photograph of two-story brick building. Two people are standing at the entry door. An early model car is parked in front of the store. Several kegs are stacked at a side entrance. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth129909/
Hardware Store, Drug Store, and Bank
Photograph of several buildings. People are standing on the porch of the building on the left. Three horse drawn wagons and a saddle horse are in front of the buildings. A man and a woman are in the wagon on the far right. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth129915/
FIRST PREV 1 2 3 NEXT LAST