Explore by Partners
The Abilene Christian University Library collections include the Prickly Pear yearbooks from 1916-2007, and and includes photos and information about the university, students, professors, sports, and organizations.
The Abilene Public Library has partnered with us to provide access to The Community Bulletin, a local weekly publication that reported on church and community events, civil rights, political races, educational changes, and the job market. A regular feature highlights famous African Americans in history and includes excerpts of African American poetry.
The Alvord Public Library contributes local history materials that include the Mayor's Criminal Docket, 1893-1924; Ledger of the Church of Christ at Alvord, 1904-1916; the Union Hill Baptist Church Record Books from 1877-1950; the "Yellowed Pages," a history of Audobon by Mary Steph; a 1920-21 city tax roll; and turn-of-the-century wholesale receipts from the J. R. Rhyne Hardware Store. Funding for this project was provided by the Tocker Foundation.
The Amon Carter Museum collections include rare books that document early Fort Worth history for the grant "Where the West Begins: Capturing Fort Worth's Historic Treasures." Among the included publications are: Souvenir of Fort Worth, Texas: Photo-gravures, 1907; The Stock Manual by George B. Loving, 1881; and Texans and their State: a Newspaper Reference Work, 1918.
The Anderson County Genealogical Society contributes archival issues of their publication "Tracings" dating 1983-2000. The publication contains genealogical information including generation charts, family histories, and lists of records (births, deaths, church records, etc.).
The Anderson County Historical Commission provides materials for the Rescuing Texas History project. Images include local citizens, businesses, and homes.
Anne and Mike Stewart present their personal collection of written works about the Texas German freethinkers, the history of Comfort, Texas and the Nueces Battle and Massacre of August 10, 1862.
The Archives of the Big Bend at Sul Ross State University contribute materials by W.D. Smithers, a photographer, map maker, news correspondent, author, and naturalist who came to the Big Bend area with the U.S. Army in 1915. Smither's illustrations richly document the border activities of the military from 1916-1935. Details featured include the cavalry, pack mules, horses, equipment, insignias, overland routes of the troops, and the border air patrol.
Archives of the Central Texas Conference United Methodist Church provides materials for Where the West Begins: Capturing Fort Worth's Historic Treasures. Photographs and archival documents, from as early as 1912, include portraits of staff and church events at Glen Lake and Rainbow Camp.
Arlington Historical Society presents photographs from its World War II collection as well as early images of Arlington's development including major construction projects for General Motors, Six Flags Mall, and Arlington Stadium.
The photo collections of the Arlington Public Library document the development of Arlington, Texas as well as the history of the Arlington Police Department. The collections also include a selection of World War II era photographs and documents.
The Armstrong County Museum presents The History of Armstrong County, a two-volume set that provides an historical overview of the county and biographical sketches of pioneer families who settled in the area.
The Atlanta Public Library serves the population of Cass County, Texas.
Austin College partnered with us to provide access to their yearbooks from 1899 to 1950, The Chromascope. This valuable resource documents the history of their college, their students and faculty. Also included are several volumes from the "Telling our Stories" series.
The Austin History Center is the local history division of the Austin Public Library. It provides the public with information about the history, events, and activities of Austin and Travis County. It collects and preserves information about local governments, businesses, residents, institutions, and neighborhoods so that generations to come will have access to our history. It presents here images from the Neal Douglass Photography Collection, the General Collection Photographs, the Bergstrom-Austin Community Council Records, the Chalberg Collection of Prints and Negatives, and the O. Henry Project.
The Austin Seminary Archives is the institutional repository for the Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary in Austin, Texas. The archives also collect materials that document Presbyterianism in the Southwest including pastoral records, congregational histories, and organizational records. The archives was established in the early 1990s and contains over 140 processed collections measuring more than 300 linear feet.