Explore by Partners
The Canyon Area Library contributes a selection of text including 'Panhandle Pilgrimage' to the Texas History Collection; an item which covers the history of the Panhandle region of Texas from prehistory to 1978.
Yoakum's Library was organized in 1933 by the Philomathic Club with the help of Work Project Administration. J.W. Cook offered space in the back of his office to house the newly organized library. In 1955, the Library was moved to a building in another part of town, known as the “Beck Building,” where it remained until 1968, when it was relocated a building formerly utilized as City Hall.
Their Carrollton Public Library contributes their collection of the minutes of the Union Baptist Church, which was organized in 1846 and has the distinction of being the first Baptist church organized and chartered in Dallas County. The materials document church proceedings, the members' beliefs, and the congregation's influence on society during the 19th and 20th centuries.
The Carson County library, which serves Groom, Panhandle, Skellytown, and White Deer, presents issues of its local newspapers the Panhandle Herald and White Deer News. Funding was provided by the Tocker Foundation for the digitization of the newspaper.
The Casey Memorial Library is a U.S. Army library serving Fort Hood, Texas, established in 1942 at Camp Hood, outside Killeen, Texas. The 85,000-item collection emphasizes military history and general interests for all ages.
The Cattle Raisers Association of Texas is the oldest and largest organization of its kind in the U.S., and the museum partnered with us to provide access to thousands of photographs that document the importance and significance of Texas and the Southwest's ranching heritage. The images include portraits of leading Texas ranches and ranchers.
The Chambers County Library System presents issues of the Age Index, a monthly publication which reports the happenings throughout Chambers County. The articles within the publication are selected from old newspapers and also include transcriptions of oral history interviews. These materials were digitized as part of a Rescuing Texas History Grant.
Cherokee County Historical Commission contributes a selection of copy negative photographs depicting families and businesses in Rusk, Jacksonville, and surrounding towns in Cherokee County.
A state historical marker designates the Cherokeean Herald newspaper in Rusk as the state's oldest, continuously published weekly. The publication's rich roots were planted in 1850, when Texas had been a state for just four years. Its contribution to the Portal includes "Two Hundred and Fifty Years: History of Alto, Texas, 1686-1936", a compilation of research regarding the history of Alto, Texas and creative poetry about the town.
The Childress County Heritage Museum partnered with us to provide access to historic photos from the 1880s to the 1950s. Images feature the local city streets and businesses; area ranches; the FW&D Railway Co; and the Childress Army Air Field during WWII. They have also contributed hundreds of items to the Rescuing Texas History, 2007 collection.
Cistercian Preparatory School features its archival materials documenting migration of Hungarian Cistercian monks to the Cistercian Preparatory School in Dallas, Texas.
The City of Clarendon contributes local history materials that include ledgers that document the minutes of City Commission meetings dating from 1901-2003; ledgers showing city ordinances from 1915-2007; and a ledger with the minutes of the meetings of the Chamber of Commerce from 1920-1921. Funding for this project was provided by the Tocker Foundation.
The City of College Station features photographs from Texas' Historic Online Library Database (Project HOLD). Since 2002, the City of College Station has been collecting and preserving the documentary and photographic history of the City of College Station, Texas, as well as educating citizens concerning the history of the City.
The City of Denton Parks and Recreation presents its seasonal catalogs which list activities, special events, and programs available to the residents of Denton.
Collection of oral history interview held by the City of Grapevine, Texas. The interviews are recordings in audio cassette and VHS format, on topics related to the history of the city.
The Clark Hotel Museum materials include images from Van Horn and Culberson County, selected for the grant Rescuing Texas History through the Digitization of At-Risk Photographs and Maps.
The Clay County Historical Society presents a rich collection of photographs that include early images of Henrietta and surrounding Clay County. Also featured are images of Native Americans taken by photographers Alice Snearly, Lon Kelley, and William E. Irwin. They have contributed to several collections, including Rescuing Texas History, University of North Texas Archives, and the German Immigration to Texas collection.
Cleveland Historic Society features its collection of photographs, documents, personal letters and maps that catalog Cleveland's growth and culture. The Santa Fe and Southern Pacific railroads running just north of Cleveland along with logging and lumber mills were core to Cleveland's development.
Established on January 26, 1885, the Coleman Public Library (CPL) was among the first publicly supported libraries in Texas. Since that time, the community’s involvement and financial support has enabled the library to experience continuous growth and positive change. Originally housed in a corner room at the county courthouse, the library now resides in a renovated Safeway grocery store that has seen major expansion and updating since 1982. CPL serves a county population of over 8,000 people, circulates more than 42,000 items a year, and offers programming for adults, teens, and children.
CPL’s mission is to serve as a community center by providing technology, educational resources, and reading materials for the enjoyment of its patrons. Its collections include print books, popular magazines, audiobooks, and videos. As a progressive library, CPL also offers computers with Internet accessibility, downloadable books, and TexShare databases (full-text articles from journals, newspapers, magazines, and many other sources).
The Collin County Genealogical Society provides access to the Collin Chronicles, its annual publication. The issues run from 1981 and provide transcripts of historical materials, local cemetery information and general research resources. They have supported digitization of multiple newspaper titles in the Texas Digital Newspaper Program, including the McKinney Democrat-Gazette, the Frisco Journal, the Sachse Sentinel, the Wylie News, the Sachse News, and the Plano Star-Courier.
The Collingsworth County Museum contributes their collection of photographs, dating from 1888 through 2010, that represent the culture and heritage of the people of eastern Panhandle Texas. Included are photographs of school children, school buildings, businesses, street scenes, downtown buildings, churches, agriculture, people, and families of the county.
The Concordia University Texas Library presents images of the original campus in central Austin, which was then a boys’ high school called Lutheran Concordia College. These photographs feature early faculty and students as well as buildings including Kilian Hall, Texas Hall, Hirschi Library, Birkman Chapel, Behnker Hall, Studtmann Hall, Woltman Activities Center, and Kramer Hall. Also included in the University Records series is correspondence between the institution’s Board of Control and the national Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod leadership describing the campus development. Correspondence features discussion with architects and contractors regarding building construction and repairs. The Theodore Schmidt Collection includes 73 photographs taken by a student of the first Lutheran Concordia College class, admitted in 1926.
Cooke County Library presents its collection of photographs, drawings and documents that document the founding of Cooke County Library which was the second system established as a Carnegie Foundation library. The items show the timeline and evolution of the library since 1899.
The Corpus Christi Museum of Science and History contributed to the Rescuing Texas History 2007 collection with photos of the 1919 Hurricane; a category 4 storm that was one of the deadliest of the twentieth century with winds up to 110 mph, and waves cresting as high as 16 feet.
Denton's Courthouse-on-the-Square Museum contributes local history photographs from the Harpool Farm Collections, and through the ongoing project From Plowshares to Diplomas: Digitizing Early Denton History, they will provide historic photographs of the communities in Denton County.
The Cowtown Coliseum contributes materials to the collection Where the West Begins: Capturing Fort Worth's Historic Treasures, which includes action photographs of bull riding, barrel racing, and calf roping at the Coliseum's rodeo events.
The Crosby County Library is located at 114 West Aspen Street in Crosbyton, Texas. County- and city-supported, it serves a rural population of approximately 6,500 residents.
The Cross Plains Public Library contributes a scrapbook and a collection photographs that covers the fire storm in December 2005 that hit Cross Plains, Texas.
The mission of the Cuero Public Library is to promote literacy, love of reading, and lifelong opportunities for patrons of all ages and cultural and economic backgrounds, through educational, informational and recreational resources, in a welcoming environment.
The Czech Ex-Students Association Of Texas (Spolek Ceskych Ex-Studentu Statu Texas) was organized in 1909 to promote and perpetuate the Czech language and culture. Their contributions to the Portal include materials related to the late Olga Pazdral (1907-1965), teacher and folklorist of Czech culture in Texas.
The Colony Public Library, born of the efforts of a loyal group of volunteers, first opened its doors in February 1982 in a small, 1,985 square foot storefront facility that it shared with the Parks and Recreation Department.