Explore by Partners

  1. a
  2. b
  3. c
  4. d
  5. e
  6. f
  7. g
  8. h
  9. i
  10. j
  11. k
  12. l
  13. m
  14. n
  15. o
  16. p
  17. q
  18. r
  19. s
  20. t
  21. u
  22. v
  23. w
  24. x
  25. y
  26. z
  27. all

Dr. Hector P. Garcia Memorial Library

The City of Mercedes, long referred to as “The Queen City,” had an informal, small library established in 1911. By 1938, the Mercedes G-Women’s Literacy Club began planning for a free public library in Mercedes. In 1939, more civic groups took up the call and created a Library Council to further the plans for a public library, and by 1940, a small library opened with 500 books, which was the necessary number of books to hire a W.P.A.-sponsored librarian.

Hardin-Simmons University Library

Hardin-Simmons University collections include the Bronco yearbook from 1908-2007, and the university catalogs from 1892-2008. The Bronco includes photos and information about the school, student body, professors, and organizations. The Bronco is preserved as a complete collection for the years 1908-2007, with 1918 being the only year not available due to no publication for that year. The catalogs describe the governance, history, course offerings, and campus life of Hardin-Simmons University, 1892-2008. Hardin Simmons University was founded in 1891 as Abilene Baptist College and since 1941 has been associated with the General Baptist General Convention of Texas.

Harrie P. Woodson Library

The Harrie P. Woodson Library proudly presents its historical newspaper collection to the Texas Digital Newspaper Program. The Caldwell News-Chronicle, the Caldwell News, and Burleson County Ledger are weekly newspapers that document the development of Burleson County's farming and oil industries as well as events and people. The papers cover the years from 1897 to 1955.

Harris County Archives

The Harris County Archives has partnered with the Portal to provide access to Inquest Records from the Justice of the Peace dating from 1889-1896. These records are great resources for researchers by providing a window into Houston society in the late nineteenth century by documenting responses to suspicious and tragic deaths.

Haslet Public Library

Haslet Public Library features photographs of farms, schools, and churches that track the development of Haslet, Texas. The area was settled around 1883, when the tracks of the Gulf, Colorado and Santa Fe Railway were extended through the area. The community was named for the Michigan hometown of the railroad's contractor. In 1896 the community had a school with twenty-one students and one teacher. During the 1920s Haslet had three grocery stores as well as a hardware store, dry goods store, and cotton gin.

Hemphill County Library

The Hemphill County Library partnered with us to provide access to the Hemphill County News from 1939-1951 and the Canadian Advertiser from 1938-1939. These two newspapers contain local, county, and national news in addition to local advertising.

Henderson County District Clerk's Office

The Henderson County District Clerk's Office is working with us to provide access to historic legal documents and court cases from the 1850s to the early 1900s.

Heritage House Museum

The Heritage House Museum partnered with us to provide access to historic materials from Orange County. Materials include photographs of early citizens, homes, churches, and schools; as well as business concerns such as shipping, farming, lumber mills, and oil exploration. Funds for this project were graciously provided by the Summerlee Foundation, the Stark Foundation, and private individuals.

Higgins Public Library

The Higgins Public Library was organized and sponsored by the Litera Club, a women's service organization, in 1937

Historic Mesquite, Inc.

Dedicated to the preservation of historical sites and artifacts relating to the City of Mesquite, Texas, Historic Mesquite, Inc. (HMI) and the Mesquite Public Library present their collection of photographs showing places, people, and early families of Mesquite and surrounding Dallas County.

The History Center

The History Center presents a selection of its rich collection of photographs and historical documents. Located deep in the heart of the beautiful East Texas piney woods in Diboll, Texas, The History Center's holdings include manuscripts, business and local government records, maps, newspapers, oral histories, books, and more than 250,000 photographs.

Hondo Public Library

The Hondo Public Library serves the residents of Hondo, Medina County, Texas. Their contributions to the Portal include issues of the Hondo Anvil Herald, the Anvil Herald, and Fletcher's State Rights Farming.

Honey Grove Preservation League

The Honey Grove Preservation League is a volunteer group that believes that the history of Honey Grove and surrounding communities deserves to be preserved for current citizens and future generations.

Houston Metropolitan Research Center at Houston Public Library

The Houston Metropolitan Research Center (HMRC) features two of its extensive collections: The John J. Herrera Papers and The Mexican American Family and Photo Collection.

Howard Payne University Library

The Walker Memorial Library at Howard Payne University collections include the Lasso yearbooks from 1912 - 2001, and the Swarm yearbooks from 2002 - 2007. The yearbooks feature school songs, yells, student writings and artwork, as well as photos of faculty, students, student groups, and athletic events. The catalogs and bulletins of Daniel Baker College span the years of 1908 to 1953. They describe the governance, history, admission, course offerings, and campus life of Daniel Baker College in Brownwood, Texas.

Hutchinson County Genealogical Society

Hutchinson County Genealogical Society collection consists of photographs, illustrations, and biographies, including death, burial and marriage records.

Hutchinson County Library, Borger Branch

In 2011, the Borger Branch of the Hutchinson County Library funded digitization and access to their historic newspaper collection of the Borger Daily Herald, which documents the town's economic boom from 1927-1941. Through the support of the Hutchinson County Library, over 7,800 pages of their historic newspaper are available on the Portal to Texas History.