- What is the Portal?
- What is in the Portal?
- Can you tell me the value of an item in my collection?
- Why did I get an error message?
- What web browser does the Portal support?
- How do I report a technical problem?
- Whom can I contact if I notice a mistake or have additional information about an item?
- How do I become a Partner?
- Do you have a Glossary?
- When I enter a keyword in Basic Search, what is being searched?
- How do I use Advanced Search?
- OCR: what is it and how does it affect my search?
- How do I clear a search dialog box?
- Why didn't my search results list include plurals?
- Can I search within a search results list?
- Can I save a list of search results?
- Why isn't my county shown in the categories on the left-hand side of the screen?
- How is Exploring different from Searching?
- Can I search within an Explore grouping?
- Why do the date ranges in Explore by Dates overlap?
Selecting and Viewing Items
- How do I locate page hits?
- How do I view the pages of a book?
- When viewing text items, sometimes the keywords are highlighted in yellow and sometimes they are not highlighted. Why is that?
Rights and Permissions
- Do you collect data for reporting on collection use?
- Where can I find the "statistics" pages?
- How do you define "use"?
- How is a use different from a hit or visit?
- Can you tell what country users are coming from?
Saving / Printing / E-mailing
- How do I bookmark an item?
- How do I print an item record or image?
- How do I save an item record or image?
- How do I find out which institution (Partner) holds the original item?
- How can I get a copy of an entire document, book, or map?
- Can I "zoom in" on a portion of a newspaper and then print just that portion?
- How do I get a printed photo or a high quality digital copy of the image?
- How do I e-mail an item record or image?
- Can I e-mail a list of search results?
- Do you have persistent links to items?
- Do you offer RSS?