Guides > Selecting and Viewing Items > Books
- Select an item from your search results list by clicking either its title or thumbnail image.
- A medium-sized image is presented with a brief record.
- To view the book, click on the image or select "Read this Book" from the red navigation bar.
- To dim the screen around the book, click on the "Lower Lights" command just above the book. To turn the "lights" back on, click anywhere in the dimmed area.
- To choose a page (or sequence), use the drop-down list located above the book.
- To rotate the book page, use the arrows just above it.
- To view the next or previous book page, use the right and left arrows located just above the book, or simply click on the right- or left-hand side of the displayed book page.
- To locate your original search terms in the text, click on "Page Hits . . ." in the red navigation bar. When the page hits display opens, click on a thumbnail image or page/sequence number to move to that page.
- To search additional terms within the book's full text, add a keyword(s) to the search box on the right-hand side of the screen and click "Search." The new page hits will be displayed.
- To view thumbnail images of all the book's pages (a quick way to locate photographs, maps, and charts in the book) click "All Pages" on the right-hand side of the screen. When the thumbnails appear, click on the one you want to see. The page will open in the "Read this Book" view.
- To read the book with larger or smaller print, click on "More Sizes" command just above the book or click on "All Image Sizes" on the right-hand side of the screen. When the all sizes screen opens, click on the size (square, thumbnail, small, medium, large, extra large) you want to view. Use the arrows above the size bar to rotate the pages and move forward and backward in the book. Select "Standard View" from the size bar to return to the "Read this Book" view in the original size.
- Your search terms are highlighted in yellow on the books' image, but the highlighting can be removed by clicking "Remove Highlighting" on the right-hand side of the screen.