Guides > Selecting and Viewing Items > Maps
- Select an item from your search results list by clicking either its title or thumbnail image.
- A medium-sized image is presented with a brief record.
- To view the map, click on the image or select "View this Map" from the red navigation bar.
- To dim the screen around the map, click on the "Lower Lights" command just above the map. To turn the "lights" back on, click anywhere in the dimmed area.
- To rotate the map page, use the arrows just above it.
- If the map has multiple pages:
- You can choose a page (or sequence) by using the drop-down list located above the map.
- You can view the next or previous map page, by using the right and left arrows located just above the map, or by simply clicking on the right- or left-hand side of the displayed map.
- You can view thumbnail images of all the map's pages by clicking "All Pages" on the right-hand side of the screen. When the thumbnails appear, click on the one you want to see. The page will open in the "View this Map" view.
- Many maps in the Portal can be "zoomed" for easier viewing. Click on "Zoom (Full Page)" above the map image or on the right-hand side of the screen. When the page opens, use the zoom tool on the left-hand side of the screen to enlarge or reduce the view. Center the area you want to read by grabbing and dragging the map image. Move to other pages (if any) by using the drop-down list or the gray left and right arrow buttons located near the zoom tool. Return to the regular (un-zoomed) display by clicking "Normal Display" on the left-hand side of the screen.
- If a map cannot be "zoomed," you still have the option of viewing a larger or smaller version by clicking on "All Image Sizes" on the right-hand side of the page. When the "All Image Sizes" screen opens, click on the size (square, thumbnail, small, medium, large, extra large) you want to view. Move around the map by using your browser's vertical and horizontal scrolling controls or the "home," "end," "page up," and "page down" keys on your keyboard.