Aerial View of Orange Texas

Description

Photograph of an aerial view of Orange, Texas. There is a three-story building in the image that was Orange High School until 1923. After that year, another Orange High School was built and the building in the photograph was used as Helen Carr Junior High School. In 1946, the two-story building in this photograph was built as Lutcher Stark High School. The three-story building in the photograph was then torn down, believed to have happened after 1965, and a one-story building was built in its place and became Helen Carr Junior High School.

Physical Description

1 photographic print, b&w 14.0 in. x 11.0 in.

Creation Information

Creator: Unknown. Creation Date: Unknown.

Context

This photograph is part of the collection entitled: Rescuing Texas History, 2007 and was provided by Heritage House Museum to The Portal to Texas History, a digital repository hosted by the UNT Libraries. It has been viewed 525 times , with 7 in the last month . More information about this photograph can be viewed below.

Who

People and organizations associated with either the creation of this photograph or its content.

Creator

  • We've been unable to identify the creator(s) of this photograph.

Rights Holder

For guidance see Citations, Rights, Re-Use.

  • Unknown

Audiences

Check out our Resources for Educators Site! We've identified this photograph as a primary source within our collections. Researchers, educators, and students may find this photograph useful in their work.

Provided By

Heritage House Museum

The Heritage House Museum partnered with us to provide access to historic materials from Orange County. Materials include photographs of early citizens, homes, churches, and schools; as well as business concerns such as shipping, farming, lumber mills, and oil exploration. Funds for this project were graciously provided by the Summerlee Foundation, the Stark Foundation, and private individuals.

Contact Us

What

Descriptive information to help identify this photograph. Follow the links below to find similar items on the Portal.

Description

Photograph of an aerial view of Orange, Texas. There is a three-story building in the image that was Orange High School until 1923. After that year, another Orange High School was built and the building in the photograph was used as Helen Carr Junior High School. In 1946, the two-story building in this photograph was built as Lutcher Stark High School. The three-story building in the photograph was then torn down, believed to have happened after 1965, and a one-story building was built in its place and became Helen Carr Junior High School.

Physical Description

1 photographic print, b&w 14.0 in. x 11.0 in.

Item Type

Identifier

Unique identifying numbers for this photograph in the Portal or other systems.

Collections

This photograph is part of the following collection of related materials.

Rescuing Texas History, 2007

Rescuing Texas History 2007, presents materials from fifteen partners: Anderson County Historical Commission; Austin History Center, Austin Public Library; Bosque County Historical Commission; Childress County Heritage Museum; Corpus Christi Museum of Science and History; Dallas Heritage Village; First Christian Church, Port Arthur; Heritage House Museum, Orange; Historic Rose Marine Theater; Kemah Historical Society; Museum of the American Railroad; Palestine Public Library; Sanger Public Library; Sulphur Springs Public Library; and Val Verde Historical Commission.

What responsibilities do I have when using this photograph?

When

Dates and time periods associated with this photograph.

Creation Date

  • Unknown

Added to The Portal to Texas History

  • May 5, 2008, 10:08 p.m.

Description Last Updated

  • Feb. 7, 2012, 10:39 a.m.

Usage Statistics

When was this photograph last used?

Yesterday: 0
Past 30 days: 7
Total Uses: 525

Interact With This Photograph

Here are some suggestions for what to do next.

Enlarge

Citations, Rights, Re-Use

Aerial View of Orange Texas, photograph, Date Unknown; (texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth36817/: accessed July 25, 2016), University of North Texas Libraries, The Portal to Texas History, texashistory.unt.edu; crediting Heritage House Museum.