Areal Geology: Texas Burnet Quadrangle Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Areal Geology: Texas Burnet Quadrangle
Author: United States. Dept. of the Interior.Creator Type: OrganizationCreator Info: George Otis Smith, Director
Cartographer: Douglas, Edward Morehouse, 1855-1932Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: "Geographer in charge."
Cartographer: Beaman, W. M. (William Major), 1867-1937Contributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Topography
Cartographer: Hodgeson, H. H.Contributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Topography
Cartographer: Penick, Dixon B.Contributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Culture
Cartographer: Jamerson, C. P.Contributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Culture
Cartographer: Spencer, Arthur C. (Arthur Coe), 1871-1964Contributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Geology
Cartographer: Paige, Sidney, b. 1880Contributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Geology
Cartographer: Kay, Fred H.Contributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Geology
Cartographer: Bayley, William Shirley, 1861-1943Contributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Geology
Name: Geological Survey (U.S.)Place of Publication: Washington D.C.Additional Info: Engraved and Printed by the U.S. Geological Survey
- Creation: 1911-06
- Content Description: This areal map shows the topography, contour elevations, and a breakdown of the kinds of rocks and minerals found in the Burnet, Texas quadrangle region. The map contains a legend that represents with line patterns the surface contour of the region and the kinds of sedimentary rocks and minerals from diverse geological eras.
- Physical Description: 1 map : col. ; 56 x 45 cm.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Geology -- Texas -- Maps.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Burnet County (Tex.) -- Maps.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Places - United States - Texas - Burnet County
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Landscape and Nature - Geography and Maps
- Keyword: geologic surveys
- Keyword: areal maps
- Keyword: quadrangle maps
- Keyword: geological history
- Keyword: rocks
- Keyword: minerals
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Science and Technology - Geology
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Burnet County
- Time Period: new-sou
- Start Date: 1900
- End Date: 1912
- Atlas: Geologic Atlas of the United States, Llano-Burnet Folio No. 183 published in 1912.
- Is Part Of: Geologic Atlas of the United States, Llano-Burnet Folio No. 183, ark:/67531/metapth60973
Name: Texas History CollectionCode: THC
Name: UNT LibrariesCode: UNT
- OCLC: 301083
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc11815
- Display Note: "[Topography] surveyed in 1900-01." "Culture revised in 1909 by D.B. Penick and C.P. Jamerson." "[Geology] surveyed in 1909."
- Digital Preservation: creationHardware: BetterLight Super8K