[Slingshot John Milligan Scrambling an Egg resting on Joe Clark's Hand (4)] Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title [Slingshot John Milligan Scrambling an Egg resting on Joe Clark's Hand (4)]
Photographer: Clark, JoeCreator Type: Personal
- Creation: 1961-01-17
- No Language
- Content Description: Photograph of slingshot expert John Milligan shooting an egg balanced on Joe Clark's fingers. Narrative by Junebug Clark: Put two talented, daring and creative people together and what do you get... something very unique and incredible. Preparing for a photograph Joe visualized of a John "scrambling an egg as it dropped into a fry pan by a waitress" Joe had John scramble three dozen eggs off of the back of his hand. No Photoshop, no fancy laser or sound triggering systems... Plain and simple "Hillbilly Ingenuity," nerves of steel and steady hands. John Milligan, a machinist in Detroit, Michigan who was also the “country’s greatest slingshot expert. “He won local fame by shooting the marks out of playing cards, hitting objects in mid air and bagging game in the field.” Joe took John national with his photos documenting his talent and accuracy. To assure accuracy, he has designed his own precision-built aluminum sling, called the Milligan Special. Additional photos and information can be found in the Clark Family Collection. Photos from this series appeared in eight national publications. Here you can find articles in “Life Magazine . February 3, 1961. Pages 80-83. And in a fifteen page pictorial in the book “Photojournalism” by Joe Clark, HBSS. Photo by: Joe Clark, HBSS. Clark PhotoFile: 8001-57
- Physical Description: 1 photograph : b&w ; 16 x 20 in.
- Keyword: eggs
- Keyword: slingshots
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Business, Economics and Finance - Service Industries - Photography
- Named Person: Milligan, John
- Named Person: Clark, Joe
- Item is a Primary Source
- Coverage Date: 1961-01-17
- Place Name: United States
- Time Period: mod-tim
- Place Name: United States - Michigan
Name: Clark Family Photography CollectionCode: CFPC
Name: UNT Libraries Special CollectionsCode: UNTA
- Accession or Local Control No: UNTA_AR0749_70213_D10-399
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc499115
- Display Note: Digitization of this item was sponsored by a grant from The Headliners Foundation.
- Display Note: Photofile 8001