[Main Building, from the south]

Description

Photograph of the Main Building, also known as the Old Main building, photographed from the south east, from a height, most likely from the upper floor of what would be called the Historical Building. At the far left of the photo, just beside the building, can be seen a small horse-drawn cart, and near lower right of photo can be seen a gazebo. Students can be seen walking around the paths and going in and out of the building. The Main Building was constructed as the second permanent building of the North Texas State Normal College in 1904, and demolished ... continued below

Physical Description

1 photograph : b&w ; 22 x 12 cm.

Creation Information

Creator: Unknown. 1913/1923.

Context

This photograph is part of the collection entitled: University Photography Collection and was provided by UNT Libraries Special Collections to The Portal to Texas History, a digital repository hosted by the UNT Libraries. It has been viewed 19 times . More information about this photograph can be viewed below.

Who

People and organizations associated with either the creation of this photograph or its content.

Creator

  • We've been unable to identify the creator(s) of this photograph.

Audiences

Check out our Resources for Educators Site! We've identified this photograph as a primary source within our collections. Researchers, educators, and students may find this photograph useful in their work.

Provided By

UNT Libraries Special Collections

The Special Collections Department collects and preserves rare and unique materials including rare books, oral histories, university archives, historical manuscripts, maps, microfilm, photographs, art and artifacts. The department is located in UNT's Willis Library in the fourth floor Reading Room.

Contact Us

What

Descriptive information to help identify this photograph. Follow the links below to find similar items on the Portal.

Description

Photograph of the Main Building, also known as the Old Main building, photographed from the south east, from a height, most likely from the upper floor of what would be called the Historical Building. At the far left of the photo, just beside the building, can be seen a small horse-drawn cart, and near lower right of photo can be seen a gazebo. Students can be seen walking around the paths and going in and out of the building. The Main Building was constructed as the second permanent building of the North Texas State Normal College in 1904, and demolished in 1923. Photograph most likely taken between 1918 and 1922.

Physical Description

1 photograph : b&w ; 22 x 12 cm.

Item Type

Identifier

Unique identifying numbers for this photograph in the Portal or other systems.

Publication Information

  • Preferred Citation: University Photograph Collection (U0458), University of North Texas Special Collections

Collections

This photograph is part of the following collection of related materials.

University Photography Collection

Drawn from the UNT Archives, these photographs depict images of University of North Texas football, UNT alumni and alumni events, and images of the changing and growing University of North Texas campus.

What responsibilities do I have when using this photograph?

When

Dates and time periods associated with this photograph.

Creation Date

  • 1913/1923

Covered Time Period

Start & End Dates

  • 1913 - 1922

Added to The The Portal to Texas History

  • July 6, 2016, 10:14 p.m.

Description Last Updated

  • Feb. 2, 2017, 3:30 p.m.

Usage Statistics

When was this photograph last used?

Yesterday: 0
Past 30 days: 0
Total Uses: 19

Where

Geographical information about where this photograph originated or about its content.

Boundaries

  • N:33.214121, E:-97.146842, S: 33.213663, W:-97.14784

Coordinates

  • 33.213611, -97.146867

Map Information

  • map marker Precise Place Name coordinates added by our staff.
  • Place Name boundaries noted by our staff.
  • map marker Automatically generated Place Name coordinates.
  • Repositioning map may be required for optimal printing.

Mapped Locations

Interact With This Photograph

Here are some suggestions for what to do next.

Start Viewing

International Image Interoperability Framework

IIF Logo

We support the IIIF Presentation API

[Main Building, from the south], photograph, 1913/1923; (texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc851550/: accessed February 20, 2019), University of North Texas Libraries, The Portal to Texas History, texashistory.unt.edu; crediting UNT Libraries Special Collections.