The Quarterly of the Texas State Historical Association, Volume 8, July 1904 - April, 1905 Page: 354
The following text was automatically extracted from the image on this page using optical character recognition software:
Texas Historical Association Quarterly.
Lee Swann, Tyler; Miss Edith C. Symington, San Antonio; Mrs.
Mary C. Welder, Victoria; Rev. T. J. Windham, Houston; Mr.
James Wyman, Austin.
The following are the resolutions concerning the death of Mrs.
Sinks, drafted by the committee appointed for the purpose at this
Whereas, The eventful and exemplary life of Mrs. Julia Lee
Sinks, second vice-president of the Association, came to an end
at the home of her daughter, Mrs. James Cook, in Alvin, Texas,
October 24, 1904, therefore be it
Resolved, That by the death of Mrs. Sinks the Association has
lost one of its most loyal, enthusiastic, and valuable supporters.
Resolved, That in the character and influence of Mrs. Sinks were
manifest those high ideals of womanhood which were the finest
product of the Old South, and which constitute the best inherit-
ance of the New.
Resolved, That these resolutions be communicated to the surviv-
ing son and daughters of Mrs. Sinks, and that copies be furnished
the daily papers of the State for publication.
GEORGE P. GARRISON,
BRIDE NEILL TAYLOR,
DORA FOWLER ARTHUR,
Here’s what’s next.
This issue can be searched. Note: Results may vary based on the legibility of text within the document.
Tools / Downloads
Get a copy of this page or view the extracted text.
Citing and Sharing
Basic information for referencing this web page. We also provide extended guidance on usage rights, references, copying or embedding.
Reference the current page of this Periodical.
Texas State Historical Association. The Quarterly of the Texas State Historical Association, Volume 8, July 1904 - April, 1905, periodical, 1905; Austin, Texas. (texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth101033/m1/361/: accessed October 23, 2017), University of North Texas Libraries, The Portal to Texas History, texashistory.unt.edu; crediting Texas State Historical Association.