The Quarterly of the Texas State Historical Association, Volume 15, July 1911 - April, 1912 Page: 360
The following text was automatically extracted from the image on this page using optical character recognition software:
Texas Historical Association Quarterly
AFFAIRS OF THE ASSOCIATION
THE ANNUAL MEETING
The regular meeting of the Association was held at the Uni-
versity of Texas on March 2. On recommendation of the Execu-
tive Council a number of new members were elected. The follow-
ing resolution was adopted endorsing a bill introduced in the
House of Representatives by Hon. Morris Sheppard for the erec-
tion of a, National Archives Building at Washington:
Resolved by the Texas State Historical Association in annual
meeting assembled, That the President and Secretary be author-
ized to unite with the Texas Library and Historical Commission
in a joint memorial to the House of Representatives of the United
States, requesting that more adequate provision be made for safe-
guarding the archives of the national government, and endorsing
the plan of erecting a National Archive Building.
Resolved, further, That a copy of this memorial be sent to each
Senator and Congressman from Texas.
The treasurer's report was received and approved. It is printed
below, and it shows the Association to be in a fairly satisfactory
financial condition. On recommendation of the Executive Coun-
cil, the name of THE QUARTERLY was changed to THE SOUTH-
WESTERN HISTORICAL QUARTERLY. Though as much Texas mat-
ter will hereafter be published as was formerly, the change of
name will enable the Association to enlarge the scope of TIHE
QUARTERLY by publishing material on other portions of the
Southwest. This, it is hoped, will lead to betterment of the Asso-
ciation's finances, and to a considerable enlargement of TI-IE QUAR-
TERLY. Officers were elected for the ensuing year, as follows:
Judge A. W. Terrell, president; Miss Katie Daffan, Mr. Beau-
regard Bryan, Dr. M. J. Bliem, Mrs. A. B. Looscan, vice-presi-
dents; Dr. Charles W. Ramsdell, corresponding secretary and
treasurer; Judge Z. T. Fulmore and Mrs. D. F. Arthur, members
of the Executive Council.
At a meeting of the Fellows, Miss Elizabeth H. West was
elected a Fellow, and the following members of the Executive
Council were elected to the publication committee: Judge Z. T.
Fulmore, Dr. W. J. Battle, and Mr. E. W. Winkler. The presi-
dent and the recording secretary and librarian, Professor E. C.
Barker, are ex efficiis members of the committee.
Here’s what’s next.
This issue can be searched. Note: Results may vary based on the legibility of text within the document.
Tools / Downloads
Get a copy of this page or view the extracted text.
Citing and Sharing
Basic information for referencing this web page. We also provide extended guidance on usage rights, references, copying or embedding.
Reference the current page of this Periodical.
Texas State Historical Association. The Quarterly of the Texas State Historical Association, Volume 15, July 1911 - April, 1912, periodical, 1912; Austin, Texas. (texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth101056/m1/365/?rotate=270: accessed March 18, 2018), University of North Texas Libraries, The Portal to Texas History, texashistory.unt.edu; crediting Texas State Historical Association.