The Southwestern Historical Quarterly, Volume 16, July 1912 - April, 1913 Page: 109
The following text was automatically extracted from the image on this page using optical character recognition software:
Reviews and Notices
A History of Central and Western Texas, compiled from his-
torical data supplied by commercial clubs, individuals, and other
authentic sources, under the editorial supervision of Captain B. B.
Paddock. 1911. Two volumes.
The Los Angeles Examiner recently published a volume entitled
"Press Reference Library, Notables of the Southwest, being the
portraits and biographies of progressive men of the Southwest,
who have helped in the development and history-making of this
wonderful country. Los Angeles, California, 1912." 4to. Pp.
500. The work relates almost exclusively to California, particu-
larly Los Angeles; only eleven Texans are included. The work
is an excellent piece of printing.
The Proceedings of the Navarro County Bar Association, held
at the Carnegie Library, Corsicana, Sunday, September 24, 1911,
in memory of Colonel Roger Q. Mills, have been published in a
pamphlet of 32 pages. Not only the addresses delivered on the
date named, but the tributes paid Colonel Mills by his friends
far and near by the Texas press are included.
In The Numismatist (Brooklyn) for April, 1912, Mr. R. C.
Crane has an illustrated article on the paper money of the Repub-
lic of Texas.
Here’s what’s next.
This issue can be searched. Note: Results may vary based on the legibility of text within the document.
Citing and Sharing
Basic information for referencing this web page. We also provide extended guidance on usage rights, references, copying or embedding.
Reference the current page of this Periodical.
Texas State Historical Association. The Southwestern Historical Quarterly, Volume 16, July 1912 - April, 1913, periodical, 1913; Austin, Texas. (texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth101058/m1/115/: accessed June 26, 2017), University of North Texas Libraries, The Portal to Texas History, texashistory.unt.edu; crediting Texas State Historical Association.