The Southwestern Historical Quarterly, Volume 17, July 1913 - April, 1914 Page: 98
The following text was automatically extracted from the image on this page using optical character recognition software:
98 The Southwestern Historical Quarterly
Kleberg county out of a portion of Nueces; and Real county out
of portions of Bandera, Edwards, and Kerr. Another act forbids
the use of any device of the Texas flag for advertising purposes.
An act provides for Gonzales State Park, a portion of the original
four leagues granted to the municipality of Gonzales; another act
looks toward the acquisition of Fannin's Battle Ground and the
La Bahia Mission property.
Under the title "The President's Silent Partner" Collicr's
Weekly of May 3, 1913, presents a personality sketch of Edward
M. House, by Peter Clark Macfarlane.
A biographical sketch of State Senator Julius Real, in whose
honor Real county was named, was printed in the Austin States-
man, April 20, 1913.
Mrs. A. B. Looscan, of Houston, has presented to the State
Library a broadside "In Memoriam" of Colonel John A. Williams,
issued by the officers of the Buffalo Bayou, Brazos and Colorado
Railroad, of which corporation he was chief engineer and superin-
tendent. He was born at Brookline, Connecticut, in 1825, removed
to Texas in 1851, and died of yellow fever September 15, 1867.
During the Civil War he attained the rank of Colonel of Engineers,
C. S. A.
Here’s what’s next.
This issue can be searched. Note: Results may vary based on the legibility of text within the document.
Citing and Sharing
Basic information for referencing this web page. We also provide extended guidance on usage rights, references, copying or embedding.
Reference the current page of this Periodical.
Texas State Historical Association. The Southwestern Historical Quarterly, Volume 17, July 1913 - April, 1914, periodical, 1914; Austin, Texas. (texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth101061/m1/102/: accessed March 29, 2017), University of North Texas Libraries, The Portal to Texas History, texashistory.unt.edu; crediting Texas State Historical Association.