The Southwestern Historical Quarterly, Volume 28, July 1924 - April, 1925 Page: 83
The following text was automatically extracted from the image on this page using optical character recognition software:
Fact and Fiction about Sanderson and Langtry, written by
Wilbur Keith, appeared in the Dallas News of March 23, 1924.
The North Carolina Historical Commission has published the
first number of The North Carolina Historical Review under date
of January, 1924.
"The agrarian phase of the Mexican revolution of 1910-1920"
by Helen Phipps appeared in the Political Science Quarterly for
Mr. J. F. Battle of Dallas published in the Dallas News of
April 21, 1924, a sketch of the Battle family in Texas, which
related mainly to pioneer days.
On May 4, 1924, The San Angelo Standard issued a fortieth
anniversary edition of sixty-eight pages, containing much valu-
able historical matter.
Santa Anna's velvet vest and some history of the Joel W.
Robison's family are discussed by William Eilers in an article
published in the Dallas News of April 14, 1924.
Dr. Josiah Gregg, historian of the Santa Fe Trail, by Ralph
Emerson Twitchell, is the title of Number 26 of the Publications
of the Historical Society of New Mexico. A painting of Dr.
Gregg is reproduced in the frontispiece. Among the letters from
Dr. Gregg, printed in this sketch, is one written at San Antonio
de Bexar, September 18, 1846.
The site of La Reunion near Dallas was recently marked by a
granite monument placed by the Jane Douglas Chapter, D. A. R.
(Dallas News, May 8, 1924). The first winner of the Caldwell
Prize in Local History, Louise Boyer of Dallas, submitted a paper
on "The Story of the old French Colony"; it was published in
the Dallas News of June 15, 1924.
Important gifts to educational institutions in Texas: The late
P. A. Chapman of Waxahachie bequeathed $100,000 to the en-
downment fund of Trinity University (Dallas News, May 3,
1924). About the same time Mr. Lon Morris of Pittsburgh gave
$100,000 to the endowment fund of Southwestern University.
Twenty-three business men of Houston subscribed $200,000 for
the purpose of enlarging the building of the Houston Museum of
Fine Arts (Houston Post, April 13, 1924). The Ex-Students'
Here’s what’s next.
This issue can be searched. Note: Results may vary based on the legibility of text within the document.
Tools / Downloads
Get a copy of this page or view the extracted text.
Citing and Sharing
Basic information for referencing this web page. We also provide extended guidance on usage rights, references, copying or embedding.
Reference the current page of this Periodical.
Texas State Historical Association. The Southwestern Historical Quarterly, Volume 28, July 1924 - April, 1925, periodical, 1925; Austin, Texas. (texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth101087/m1/87/: accessed July 23, 2017), University of North Texas Libraries, The Portal to Texas History, texashistory.unt.edu; crediting Texas State Historical Association.