The Southwestern Historical Quarterly, Volume 52, July 1948 - April, 1949 Page: 258
The following text was automatically extracted from the image on this page using optical character recognition software:
T. R. HAVINS, "Texas Fever," is professor of history at Howard
Payne College at Brownwood. During World War II Dr. Havins
served as historian with the United States Army Air Forces. He
has a dominant interest in the history of livestock in the Texas
area, particularly in the sheep industry. He is now preparing a
manuscript for a book on the history of sheep in Texas and the
JAMES H. MCLENDON, "John A. Quitman in the Texas Revo-
lution," is a Mississippian who has had extensive residence in
Texas. He is preparing a doctoral dissertation on Quitman in the
department of history at the University. During World War II
he saw service with the air forces in the Pacific. He has taught
in the history department at the University on several occasions.
BARNES F. LATHROP, "Migration into East Texas, 1835-1860,"
is assistant professor of history at the University of Texas.
M. L. CRIMMINS, "Freeman's Report of the Eighth Military
Department," is a retired army colonel and well-known historian
who is especially interested in military history.
E. W. WINKLER, "Check List of Texas Imprints," is bibliog-
rapher in the University of Texas Library.
Here’s what’s next.
This issue can be searched. Note: Results may vary based on the legibility of text within the document.
Tools / Downloads
Get a copy of this page or view the extracted text.
Citing and Sharing
Basic information for referencing this web page. We also provide extended guidance on usage rights, references, copying or embedding.
Reference the current page of this Periodical.
Texas State Historical Association. The Southwestern Historical Quarterly, Volume 52, July 1948 - April, 1949, periodical, 1949; Austin, Texas. (texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth101121/m1/267/: accessed February 25, 2018), University of North Texas Libraries, The Portal to Texas History, texashistory.unt.edu; crediting Texas State Historical Association.