The Southwestern Historical Quarterly, Volume 55, July 1951 - April, 1952 Page: 76
The following text was automatically extracted from the image on this page using optical character recognition software:
76 Southwestern Historical Quarterly
shouted, "Gabriel blows de hornl Gabriel blows de hornl"75 In
a sense, they were correct.
75This incident is related in a letter from C. L. Patterson, January 15, 1950
(MS. in the Archives, University of Texas Library), who states that this gin was
located on the south bank of the Clear Fork of Sandies Creek about halfway be-
tween the town of Rancho and the site of present day Nixon. He states that this
gin was owned by a Charley Schrever (?), and he believes that this was the first
steam gin in the area, predating the one on Sandies Creek at Zedlar's Mill, or
Hardy's Bluff; the Cone, Walker and Company steam gin on the Clear Fork, three
miles northwest of Nixon; and also the Johnson gin at Union.
Here’s what’s next.
This issue can be searched. Note: Results may vary based on the legibility of text within the document.
Tools / Downloads
Get a copy of this page or view the extracted text.
Citing and Sharing
Basic information for referencing this web page. We also provide extended guidance on usage rights, references, copying or embedding.
Reference the current page of this Periodical.
Texas State Historical Association. The Southwestern Historical Quarterly, Volume 55, July 1951 - April, 1952, periodical, 1952; Austin, Texas. (texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth101139/m1/98/: accessed August 19, 2017), University of North Texas Libraries, The Portal to Texas History, texashistory.unt.edu; crediting Texas State Historical Association.