The Southwestern Historical Quarterly, Volume 56, July 1952 - April, 1953 Page: 579
A. B. ARMSTRONG, "Origins of the Texas and Pacific Railway,"
is head of the Department of Social Science at Arlington State
College. After receiving his A.B. and M.A. degrees from the Uni-
versity of Arkansas, he did graduate work at Northwestern and
C. C. JEFFRIES, "Sketches of Old Baylor," will be remembered
by Quarterly readers as the author of "Reminiscences of Sour
Lake," which was published in the July, 1946, number of the
Quarterly. A long-time member of the Association, Jeffries re-
sides in Winkler, Texas.
H. BAILEY CARROLL and MILTON R. GUTSCH, "A Check List
of Theses and Dissertations in Texas History Produced in the
Department of History of the University of Texas, 1893-1951,"
are professor of history and professor emeritus of history, re-
spectively, at the University of Texas. Carroll is director of the
Texas State Historical Association, and Gutsch, who retired in
1951, was chairman of the Department of History for more than
ROBERT AMSLER, "A Prospectus for the Wavell Colony in
Texas," teaches history at East Central State College in Ada,
Oklahoma. Amsler received three degrees at the University of
Texas, where he taught history and served as a staff writer on the
Handbook of Texas. His doctoral dissertation was a biography
of Arthur G. Wavell.
Here’s what’s next.
This issue can be searched. Note: Results may vary based on the legibility of text within the document.
Tools / Downloads
Get a copy of this page .
Citing and Sharing
Basic information for referencing this web page. We also provide extended guidance on usage rights, references, copying or embedding.
Reference the current page of this Periodical.
Texas State Historical Association. The Southwestern Historical Quarterly, Volume 56, July 1952 - April, 1953, periodical, 1953; Austin, Texas. (texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth101145/m1/683/ocr/: accessed March 24, 2018), University of North Texas Libraries, The Portal to Texas History, texashistory.unt.edu; crediting Texas State Historical Association.