The Southwestern Historical Quarterly, Volume 66, July 1962 - April, 1963 Page: 233
Texas Bounty Land Grants, 1835-18888
BOUNTY WARRANTS SURVEYED AND PATENTED
I. Surveys made on bounty warrants:
1. Number of bounty warrants surveyed .. 7,342
2. Number of acres surveyed ........ 4,50o3,633t
3. Number of bounty warrants not surveyed ... 127
4. Number of acres granted by warrants which were
not surveyed .. . . ................ ... o2,280
II. Patents granted on bounty warrants:
i. Number of patents issued on bounty warrants .. 8,834$
2. Number of acres patented on bounty warrants.. 4,335,485.79
3. Number of bounty patents cancelled and not
re-issued ................................. 31
4. Number of acres cancelled in the 31 patents . .. 17,231
5. Number of valid bounty patents as of 1955 .... 8,803
6. Number of acres covered by valid bounty patents
as of 1955 ... ........... . .. ........ 4,318,254.79
*-This figure for acres surveyed on bounty warrants does not include multiple
surveys and re-locations made upon the same warrant. In cases where two or more
surveys, each for the full amount of the warrant, were made and all but one
cancelled, then the one valid survey only was counted. If one survey only for the
full amount was made and it was cancelled then it is counted in this figure.
$This figure does not include bounty patents cancelled and later re-issued. It
does include thirty-one patents which were cancelled and never re-issued.
Here’s what’s next.
This issue can be searched. Note: Results may vary based on the legibility of text within the document.
Tools / Downloads
Get a copy of this page .
Citing and Sharing
Basic information for referencing this web page. We also provide extended guidance on usage rights, references, copying or embedding.
Reference the current page of this Periodical.
Texas State Historical Association. The Southwestern Historical Quarterly, Volume 66, July 1962 - April, 1963, periodical, 1963; Austin, Texas. (texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth101196/m1/253/ocr/: accessed January 21, 2018), University of North Texas Libraries, The Portal to Texas History, texashistory.unt.edu; crediting Texas State Historical Association.