The Southwestern Historical Quarterly, Volume 66, July 1962 - April, 1963 Page: 291

This periodical is part of the collection entitled: Southwestern Historical Quarterly and was provided to The Portal to Texas History by the Texas State Historical Association.

View a full description of this periodical.

Notes and Documents

291

1894 Camp Rice, Later Fort Hancock, Texas #1670
Drawn by J. M. Hilton, October 1894. Map shows buildings and structures, roads,
water supplies, fire hydrants, drains, and cesspools. Photographed with six inch
ruler in margin of photograph to figure actual size. Scale: 8/4 inch-ioo feet. Size:
133/4 inches x 183/4 inches.
1894 Texas, Cleburne Sheet #1867
"United States Geological Survey, George Otis Smith, Director. Henry Gannett,
Chief Topographer. R. U. Goode, Geographer in charge. Triangulation by C. F.
Urquhart. Topography by R. O. Gordon. Surveyed in 1889. Edition of October
1894. Reprinted December 1908. Contour interval fifty feet. Datum is mean sea
level." Printed in three colors the map shows towns, railroads, rivers, roads, creeks,
intermittent streams, forts, parts of Johnson, Hill, and Ellis counties. On the reverse
side of the map is "Description of the Topographic Map of the United States" and
a legend of "Conventional Signs." Scale: 1/125,0oo or 3 inches-6 miles. Size: 174
inches x 15 inches.
1894 Texas, Eastland Sheet #1725
"United States Geological Survey. J. W. Powell, Director. Henry Gannett, Chief
Geographer. A. H. Thompson, Geographer in charge. Triangulation by R. U.
Goode. Topography by H. S. Wallace. Surveyed in 1883. Edition of March 1894.
Contour interval fifty feet." Printed in three colors the map shows towns, roads,
rivers, railroads, Weed Valley, elevations, creeks, lakes, and mountains, for most of
Eastland County and parts of Brown, Comanche, and Erath counties; and names
of adjoining published sheets in the margin. Scale: 1/125,0oo or 3 inches-6 miles.
Size: 171/2 inches x 15 inches.
1894 Texas, Fort Hancock Sheet #1721
"United States Geological Survey, J. W. Powell, Director. A. H. Thompson,
Geographer. R. U. Goode, Geographer in charge. Triangulation by R. U. Goode.
Topography by W. H. Herron. Surveyed in 1891. Edition of January 1894. Reprinted
June, 1903. Contour interval fifty feet." Printed in three colors the map shows
names of adjoining published sheets in the margin, mountains, rivers, forts, camps,
towns, railroads, roads, elevations, intermittent streams, buildings, Finlay Tank,
ponds, and part of El Paso County. On the reverse side of the map is "Description
of the Topographic Map of the United States" and a legend of "Conventional
Signs." Scale: 1/125,000 or 21/2 inches-5 miles. Size: 171/ inches x x5 inches.
1894 Texas, Fort Worth Sheet #1739
"Reconnaissance Map. United States Geological Survey, J. W. Powell, Director.
Henry Gannett, Chief Topographer. R. U. Goode, Geographer in charge. Triangu-
lation by C. F. Urquhart. Topography by R. O. Gordon. Surveyed in 1889. Edition
of January 1894. Reprinted September 1902. Contour interval fifty feet." Printed
in three colors the map shows elevations, towns, railroads, rivers, creeks, and
mountains, for most of Tarrant County and parts of Wise, Denton, Dallas, Ellis,
and Johnson counties. On the reverse side of the map is "Description of the
Topographic Map of the United States" and a legend of "Conventional Signs."
Scale: 1/125,0oo or 3 inches-6 miles. Size: 171/ inches x 15 inches.

Upcoming Pages

Here’s what’s next.

314 of 684
315 of 684
316 of 684
317 of 684

Show all pages in this issue.

This issue can be searched. Note: Results may vary based on the legibility of text within the document.

Citing and Sharing

Basic information for referencing this web page. We also provide extended guidance on usage rights, references, copying or embedding.

Reference the current page of this Periodical.

Texas State Historical Association. The Southwestern Historical Quarterly, Volume 66, July 1962 - April, 1963, periodical, 1963; Austin, Texas. (texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth101196/m1/313/ocr/: accessed August 29, 2016), University of North Texas Libraries, The Portal to Texas History, texashistory.unt.edu; crediting Texas State Historical Association.