The Southwestern Historical Quarterly, Volume 70, July 1966 - April, 1967 Page: 622
The following text was automatically extracted from the image on this page using optical character recognition software:
622 Southwestern Historical Quarterly
of ten days we came to Rheda which is a small village con-
sisting of about a dozen houses.38 Rheda is fourscore leagues dis-
tant from San Antonio, and stands upon a river called Rio Grande,
or, as it is upon the maps, Rio Bravo. Next to the Mississippi
this is the most considerable river in those regions, and indeed beats
some resemblance to it both in size and strength of current.
"Lafora found about sixty "huts" on both sides of the river at Laredo. Sixty
armed settlers commanded by a militia captain made up the defence. Lafora's
Description, i8o. See also, Herbert E. Bolton, "Tienda de Cuervo's Ynspeccion
of Laredo, 1757," Quarterly of the Texas State Historical Association, VI (Jan-
uary, 1903), 187-203.
Here’s what’s next.
This issue can be searched. Note: Results may vary based on the legibility of text within the document.
Tools / Downloads
Get a copy of this page or view the extracted text.
Citing and Sharing
Basic information for referencing this web page. We also provide extended guidance on usage rights, references, copying or embedding.
Reference the current page of this Periodical.
Texas State Historical Association. The Southwestern Historical Quarterly, Volume 70, July 1966 - April, 1967, periodical, 1967; Austin, Texas. (texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth101199/m1/652/: accessed June 17, 2018), University of North Texas Libraries, The Portal to Texas History, texashistory.unt.edu; crediting Texas State Historical Association.