The Southwestern Historical Quarterly, Volume 86, July 1982 - April, 1983 Page: 156
The following text was automatically extracted from the image on this page using optical character recognition software:
Cover: Cass Gilbert's Old Library Building, painted by August Wat-
kins Harris (1893-1968).
Designed by New York architect Cass Gilbert in 191o, the Old Library
Building was the first separate library structure built at the University of
Texas. From 1950 to 1971 it housed the Eugene C. Barker Texas History
Center and the administrative offices of the 'Texas State Historical Associa-
tion. Known today as William J. Battle Hall, the structure is being restored
and renovated to hold the University's Architecture and Planning Library.
Here’s what’s next.
This issue can be searched. Note: Results may vary based on the legibility of text within the document.
Tools / Downloads
Get a copy of this page or view the extracted text.
Citing and Sharing
Basic information for referencing this web page. We also provide extended guidance on usage rights, references, copying or embedding.
Reference the current page of this Periodical.
Texas State Historical Association. The Southwestern Historical Quarterly, Volume 86, July 1982 - April, 1983, periodical, 1982/1983; Austin, Texas. (texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth101209/m1/156/: accessed July 25, 2017), University of North Texas Libraries, The Portal to Texas History, texashistory.unt.edu; crediting Texas State Historical Association.