The Southwestern Historical Quarterly, Volume 99, July 1995 - April, 1996 Page: 176
The following text was automatically extracted from the image on this page using optical character recognition software:
By Stephen Harrigan
Collects 15 essays by this seasoned Texas
Monthly reporter and novelist, describing
vanishing worlds-from legendary
American Indian tribes to the off-season
languor of Monte Carlo.
Selected Letters from a Writer's Life
Edited and with an introduction by
Phillips' collection constitutes a virtual
biography of this prolific twentieth-century
author, featuring correspondence between
him and such major literary figures as Joyce
Carol Oates, W. H. Auden, and Katherine
16 b&w photographs
TEJANO RELIGION AND ETHNICITY
San Antonio, 1821-1860
By Timothy M. Matovina
Matovina explores the role of Tejano
Catholicism in forging the Tejano identity
during Texas' three early nationalities.
Back in Print with a New Foreword
A TEXAS-MEXICAN CANCIONERO
Folksongs of the Lower Border
By Americo Paredes
With a new foreword by Manuel Pefia
Paredes presents 66 songs in bilingual text,
including notes on tempo, performance, and
CADDO WAS ...
A Short History of a dlo Lake
By Fred Dahmer
A longtime Caddo resident vividly describes
the history, colorful characters, natural
beauty, and poetry of thi, cypress-strewn,
UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS PRESS
Box 7819 * Austin 78713 * At bookstores, or call 800-252-3206.
Here’s what’s next.
This issue can be searched. Note: Results may vary based on the legibility of text within the document.
Citing and Sharing
Basic information for referencing this web page. We also provide extended guidance on usage rights, references, copying or embedding.
Reference the current page of this Periodical.
Texas State Historical Association. The Southwestern Historical Quarterly, Volume 99, July 1995 - April, 1996, periodical, 1996; Austin, Texas. (texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth101217/m1/176/: accessed May 24, 2017), University of North Texas Libraries, The Portal to Texas History, texashistory.unt.edu; crediting Texas State Historical Association.