The Southwestern Historical Quarterly, Volume 100, July 1996 - April, 1997 Page: 304
The following text was automatically extracted from the image on this page using optical character recognition software:
Corpus Christi transformed from a town to a city after the 1926 opening of the
deep-water port, as evidenced in this 1940 picture by the prolific South Texas
photographer Frederick "Doc" McGregor. In the foreground, cranes construct
the T-head piers that jut from the new Corpus Christi Seawall. Looming atop the
bluff in the background are, left to right, the Nixon Building (1927), the Plaza
Hotel (1928), and the Driscoll Hotel (under construction). Courtesy the Dr. Fred-
erick McGregor Photo Collection of the Corpus Christi Museum.
Here’s what’s next.
This issue can be searched. Note: Results may vary based on the legibility of text within the document.
Tools / Downloads
Get a copy of this page or view the extracted text.
Citing and Sharing
Basic information for referencing this web page. We also provide extended guidance on usage rights, references, copying or embedding.
Reference the current page of this Periodical.
Texas State Historical Association. The Southwestern Historical Quarterly, Volume 100, July 1996 - April, 1997, periodical, 1997; Austin, Texas. (texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth101218/m1/370/: accessed April 26, 2018), University of North Texas Libraries, The Portal to Texas History, texashistory.unt.edu; crediting Texas State Historical Association.