Bulletin of the Texas Archaeological and Paleontological Society, Volume 2, September 1930

One of 14 issues in the title: Bulletin of the Texas Archeological and Paleontological Society available on this site.

PDF Version Also Available for Download.

Description

Annual journal of the Texas Archeological and Paleontological Society documenting research and findings of members as well as activities of the organization.

Physical Description

62 p. : ill.

Creation Information

Texas Archaeological and Paleontological Society September 1930.

Context

This periodical is part of the collection entitled: Bulletin of the Texas Archeology and was provided by Texas Archeological Society to The Portal to Texas History, a digital repository hosted by the UNT Libraries. It has been viewed 28 times , with 28 in the last month . More information about this issue can be viewed below.

Who

People and organizations associated with either the creation of this periodical or its content.

Contributing Authors

Publisher

Provided By

Texas Archeological Society

Founded in 1928 and with a current membership of 1,000, the Texas Archeological Society (TAS) brings together Professional and Avocational Archeologists. TAS promotes scientific archeological exploration and research, the preservation and conservation of archeological materials and sites, and the curation of their associated information.

Contact Us

What

Descriptive information to help identify this periodical. Follow the links below to find similar items on the Portal.

Titles

Description

Annual journal of the Texas Archeological and Paleontological Society documenting research and findings of members as well as activities of the organization.

Physical Description

62 p. : ill.

Notes

"Volume Two"

Subjects

Language

Identifier

Unique identifying numbers for this issue in the Portal or other systems.

Publication Information

  • Publication Title: Bulletin of the Texas Archeological and Paleontological Society
  • Volume: 2

Collections

This issue is part of the following collection of related materials.

Bulletin of the Texas Archeology

The Bulletin of the Texas Archeological Society (BTAS) is the Society’s flagship publication. The first volume was published in 1929 by Cyrus Ray as editor and it has been published annually (except for 1944) since. It is one of the oldest continuously published archeological journals in the US, and since its inception, has published articles by professional and avocational archaeologists. The Bulletin offers an outlet for the publication of serious research on prehistory, archeological theory, and history. In line with the goals of the Society, it encourages the scientific collection, study, and publication of archeological data and findings.

What responsibilities do I have when using this periodical?

When

Dates and time periods associated with this periodical.

Creation Date

  • September 1930

Covered Time Period

Coverage Date

Added to The The Portal to Texas History

  • June 13, 2018, 8:20 p.m.

Description Last Updated

  • July 17, 2018, 11:17 a.m.

Usage Statistics

When was this issue last used?

Yesterday: 0
Past 30 days: 28
Total Uses: 28

Where

Geographical information about where this periodical originated or about its content.

Map Information

  • map marker Automatically generated Place Name coordinates.
  • map marker Automatically generated Publication Place coordinates.
  • Repositioning map may be required for optimal printing.

Mapped Locations

Interact With This Periodical

Here are some suggestions for what to do next.

Start Reading

PDF Version Also Available for Download.

International Image Interoperability Framework

IIF Logo

We support the IIIF Presentation API

Texas Archaeological and Paleontological Society. Bulletin of the Texas Archaeological and Paleontological Society, Volume 2, September 1930, periodical, September 1930; Abilene, Texas. (texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth1013826/: accessed July 19, 2018), University of North Texas Libraries, The Portal to Texas History, texashistory.unt.edu; crediting Texas Archeological Society.