[902 E. Lamar]

One of 667 photographs in the series: Historic Resources Survey of Palestine, Texas: An Inventory for The City of Palestine available on this site.

Description

Photograph of the front and west side of a one-story, Tudor Revival-style house with brick veneer, located at 902 E. Lamar in Palestine, Texas.

Physical Description

1 photograph : positive, col. ; 35 mm.

Creation Information

Hardy, Heck, Moore June 1991.

Context

This photograph is part of the collection entitled: Rescuing Texas History, 2006 and was provided by Palestine Public Library to The Portal to Texas History, a digital repository hosted by the UNT Libraries. It has been viewed 12 times . More information about this photograph can be viewed below.

Who

People and organizations associated with either the creation of this photograph or its content.

Photographer

Audiences

Check out our Resources for Educators Site! We've identified this photograph as a primary source within our collections. Researchers, educators, and students may find this photograph useful in their work.

Provided By

Palestine Public Library

Located in Anderson County, the Palestine Public Library provides access to information and various programs for the community's benefit. They received a Rescuing Texas History grant to aid in digitization of select materials, including photos taken during a Historic Resources Study in 1991.

Contact Us

What

Descriptive information to help identify this photograph. Follow the links below to find similar items on the Portal.

Titles

Description

Photograph of the front and west side of a one-story, Tudor Revival-style house with brick veneer, located at 902 E. Lamar in Palestine, Texas.

Physical Description

1 photograph : positive, col. ; 35 mm.

Notes

Photograph of 902 E. Lamar taken from the road. Photo was taken for the Historic Resources Survey of Palestine, Texas 1989-1991. Most of Palestine’s most intense residential development of the late 19th and early 20th centuries occurred in areas immediately north and south of the central business district. During the 1920s and 1930s, real estate speculation shifted to the southeast in an area where this house was built in about 1930. This 1-story residence with a brick veneer displays Tudor Revival elements and is significant primarily because it retains its integrity to such a high degree. The earliest known residents of this house were Austin H. and Mae Butler, who lived here as early as 1937. Mr. Butler was the co-owner of the Oak Street Barber Shop, located at 318 W. Oak.

Taken from: Historic Resources Survey of Palestine, Texas: An Inventory for The City of Palestine, Volume IV, Color Slides, June 1991

Item Type

Identifier

Unique identifying numbers for this photograph in the Portal or other systems.

Collections

This photograph is part of the following collection of related materials.

Rescuing Texas History, 2006

Rescuing Texas History is a project that aims to digitize at-risk photographs, maps, artwork, and more. Funding was provided by the Summerlee Foundation of Dallas.

What responsibilities do I have when using this photograph?

When

Dates and time periods associated with this photograph.

Creation Date

  • June 1991

Covered Time Period

Coverage Date

Added to The The Portal to Texas History

  • March 8, 2006, 3:44 p.m.

Description Last Updated

  • July 10, 2014, 6:51 p.m.

Usage Statistics

When was this photograph last used?

Yesterday: 0
Past 30 days: 0
Total Uses: 12

Where

Geographical information about where this photograph originated or about its content.

Coordinates

  • 31.758576, -95.620125

Map Information

  • map marker Precise Place Name coordinates added by our staff.
  • map marker Automatically generated Place Name coordinates.
  • Repositioning map may be required for optimal printing.

Mapped Locations

Interact With This Photograph

Here are some suggestions for what to do next.

Enlarge

Citations, Rights, Re-Use

Hardy, Heck, Moore. [902 E. Lamar], photograph, June 1991; (texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth10230/: accessed November 18, 2017), University of North Texas Libraries, The Portal to Texas History, texashistory.unt.edu; crediting Palestine Public Library.