[303 E. Kolstad] Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title [303 E. Kolstad]
- Series Title Historic Resources Survey of Palestine, Texas: An Inventory for The City of Palestine
Photographer: Hardy, Heck, MooreCreator Type: Organization
Donor: Palestine (Tex.)Contributor Type: Organization
- Creation: 1991-06
- Digitized: 2006-03-02
- Content Description: Photograph of the front and west side of a blue, two-story, frame house located at 303 E. Kolstad in Palestine, Texas. It has some Classical Revival-style architectural elements.
- Physical Description: 1 photograph ; positive, col. ; 35 mm.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Architecture - Buildings
- Keyword: Historical Resources Survey of Palestine, Texas. 1989-1991
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Homes
- Keyword: houses
- Keyword: historic buildings
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Anderson County - Palestine
- Time Period: mod-tim
- Coverage Date: 1991-06
- Place Point: north=31.767546; east=-95.629933;
Name: Rescuing Texas History, 2006Code: SG06
Name: Palestine Public LibraryCode: PPL
- Rights Access: public
- Accession or Local Control No: 2006 - PPL - HRSPT_4 - 101-200
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metapth10276
- Digital Preservation: creationAppName: Adobe Photoshop creationAppVersion: 7 creationHardware: Epson Perfection 4990 Photo
- Display Note: Photograph of 303 E. Kolstad taken from the road. Photo was taken for the Historic Resources Survey of Palestine, Texas 1989-1991. The neighborhood north of Palestine’s central business district contains mostly houses erected during the late 19th and early 20th centuries. This 2-story frame residence is a good and well-preserved example of such a dwelling, though it is more substantial in scale than most houses in the neighborhood. The exterior presents a balanced and orderly appearance that reflects the Classical Revival style. The house retains much of its historic character and integrity. Though this house probably dates to c.1900, city directory research was only able to trace its occupancy to 1926, when it was owned and occupied by Philip F. Crutchfield and his wife Minnie E. Before his death in the late 1930s, Mr. Crutchfield worked as a conductor for the I&GN Railroad, and later for Missouri Pacific. Mrs. Crutchfield continued to live in the house into the 1940s.
- Display Note: Taken from: Historic Resources Survey of Palestine, Texas: An Inventory for The City of Palestine, Volume IV, Color Slides, June 1991