Collin Chronicles, Volume 1, Number 1, January-February, 1981 Page: 8 of 8
This periodical is part of the collection entitled: Collin Chronicles, Records of Collin County, Texas and was provided to The Portal to Texas History by the Collin County Genealogical Society.
The following text was automatically extracted from the image on this page using optical character recognition software:
NAME PAGE NAME PAGE
Taylor, N. 19 Wilson, A. 203
Turner, William 63 Whisenant, R. B. 207
Thompson, F. J. 104 Waugh, W. M. 208
Thomas, H. C. 120-121 Whisenant, R. B. 210
Tarpley, J. B. 121 Wallis, P. R. 223
Taylor, N. 167 Wilmoth, M. W. 222
Thompson, W. J. S. 175 Warden, John W. 278
Thomas, H. C. 380 Warden, W. A. 303
Thompson, H. N. 412-413 Wilmeth, J. F. 329
Todd, James A. 449-450 Wright, _ 324
Tucker, H. H. 539 Wamble, John J. 309
Todd, J. A. 568 Wilson, G. A. 316
Wilcoxson, D. W. 20 Wetsal, Peter 357
Wilson, George A. 22 Wright, Thomas J. 401
Wilson, J. A. 24 Wilkins, J. H. 423
Williams, M. 41 Williams, Milton 453-454
Williford, H. L. 73 Wilson, J. T. 476
White, Benjanin 89 Worden, W. A. 489
Williams, Thomas 89 Williams, M. L. 514-515
Willmeth, J. B. 111 Westerman, J. W. 541
Wasson, 115 Wright, Malinda 556-557
Wallas, W. A. 119 Weaver, William 564-565
Wright, Moses 123 Wise, Henry P. 565-566
Weatherford, A. J. 125 Wilkins, T. A. . FROM A 1970 MAP BY JIM WHEAT
CELINA Original site settled in 1879. Post Office 1880-1902. Consisted of
church, store, mill and drug store. Town moved to railroad in 1902.
Near present Celina.
LONE TREE. Post Office from 1860's to 1870's. About 8 miles SE of McKinney.
MANTUA. Established 1854. Post Office 1858-1873. By 1861 had 3 stores, 5
residences, church, Masonic Lodge, and population of 50, which later
reached about 300. Missed by railroad, entire population moved to
Van Alstyne. About 2 miles west of Van Alstyne.
MILLWOOD. Established about 1850 on East Fork of Trinity River. Post Office from
1856 until after 1885 when town had church, lumber mill, school, flour
mill, gristmill, cotton gin and population of 100. 4 or 5 miles north
ROSELAND. On old Preston Road. Existed during 1860's and 1870's. About three
miles northeast of Celina.
Ancestors are our most satisfying possessions...
They are non taxable, cannot be stolen, and
Increase in value as they grow older. By Bilson W. Maning
This issue can be searched. Note: Results may vary based on the legibility of text within the document.
Citing and Sharing
Basic information for referencing this web page. We also provide extended guidance on usage rights, references, copying or embedding.
Reference the current page of this Periodical.
Collin County Genealogical Society. Collin Chronicles, Volume 1, Number 1, January-February, 1981, periodical, 1981; Plano, Texas. (texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth10837/m1/8/: accessed May 24, 2017), University of North Texas Libraries, The Portal to Texas History, texashistory.unt.edu; crediting Collin County Genealogical Society.