4th Artillery Headquarters after the hurricane, Texas City Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title 4th Artillery Headquarters after the hurricane, Texas City
- Added Title Fourth Artillery Headquarters after the hurricane
- Creation: 1915-08-16
- Digitized: 2006-04-12
- No Language
- Content Description: A group of soldiers sit and stand on a pile of wooden debris in a pathway between two rows of wooden Army buildings. The building on the left has no roof, but the roof beams remain. Soldiers have rolled-up sleeves, unbuttoned tunics and one soldier is hatless. Wording on phot front "4th Art. Hdqs. after the hurricane, Texas City." Wording in pencil on photo back "Aug. 16, 1915." The number "10." is written in the right hand corner.
- Physical Description: 1 photographic postcard : b&w ; 3.5 x 5.5 in.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Military and War - Personnel
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Landscape and Nature - Natural disasters - Hurricanes
- Keyword: Texas City Army Camp, 1913-1915
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: United States. Army. 2d Division. 4th Artillery.
- Thesaurus for Graphic Materials (LC): Debris - Texas - Texas City - 1915
- Thesaurus for Graphic Materials (LC): Hurricanes - Texas - Texas City - 1915
- Thesaurus for Graphic Materials (LC): Postcards
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Galveston County - Texas City
- Time Period: new-sou
- Coverage Date: 1915-08-16
Name: Rescuing Texas History, 2006Code: SG06
Name: Moore Memorial Public LibraryCode: MMPL
- Accession or Local Control No: nbphalb_11
- Digital Preservation: creationAppName: Adobe Photoshop creationAppVersion: 7 creationHardware: UMAX Powerlook 2100 XL