The Southwestern Historical Quarterly, Volume 87, July 1983 - April, 1984 Page: 16
The following text was automatically extracted from the image on this page using optical character recognition software:
Cover: "The Plaza and Church of El Paso" by Augustus de Vaudri-
court. Courtesy Eugene C. Barker Texas History Center, University
of Texas, Austin.
The Mission Nuestra Sefiora de Guadalupe del Paso, the oldest structure
in the El Paso area, was established in 1659, and the building was com-
pleted in 1668. It is located in present-day Ciudad Juirez, Mexico.
Augustus de Vaudricourt, a Frenchman employed by the Typographical
Corps, drew the El Paso plaza and church in 185o and his drawing was
reproduced as a lithograph in William H. Emory's Report on the United
States and Mexican Boundary Survey, published in 1857.
Here’s what’s next.
This issue can be searched. Note: Results may vary based on the legibility of text within the document.
Tools / Downloads
Get a copy of this page or view the extracted text.
Citing and Sharing
Basic information for referencing this web page. We also provide extended guidance on usage rights, references, copying or embedding.
Reference the current page of this Periodical.
Texas State Historical Association. The Southwestern Historical Quarterly, Volume 87, July 1983 - April, 1984, periodical, 1983/1984; Austin, Texas. (texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth117150/m1/16/: accessed December 11, 2017), University of North Texas Libraries, The Portal to Texas History, texashistory.unt.edu; crediting Texas State Historical Association.