[Hebrew Institute Building Fund Committee]

Description

Letterhead stationary for the Hebrew Institute Building Fund Committee outlining all the donors for the institute and their monetary contributions. The building, designed by the architectural firm of Field and Clarkson, was constructed between April and August of 1914 in the 800 block of Taylor Street in Fort Worth, Texas at a cost of $14,668. The top left corner of the document shows an architectural drawing of the building.

Physical Description

1 p. : ill. ; 29 x 22 cm.

Creation Information

Hebrew Institute. Board. 1913~.

Context

This text is part of the collection entitled: Rescuing Texas History, 2010 and was provided by Fort Worth Jewish Archives to The Portal to Texas History, a digital repository hosted by the UNT Libraries. It has been viewed 36 times . More information about this text can be viewed below.

Who

People and organizations associated with either the creation of this text or its content.

Audiences

Check out our Resources for Educators Site! We've identified this text as a primary source within our collections. Researchers, educators, and students may find this text useful in their work.

Provided By

Fort Worth Jewish Archives

A program of the Jewish Federation of Fort Worth and Tarrant County, the Archives is part of the mission to unite and strengthen the Jewish community in Texas and ensure their well-being and continuity.

Contact Us

What

Descriptive information to help identify this text. Follow the links below to find similar items on the Portal.

Description

Letterhead stationary for the Hebrew Institute Building Fund Committee outlining all the donors for the institute and their monetary contributions. The building, designed by the architectural firm of Field and Clarkson, was constructed between April and August of 1914 in the 800 block of Taylor Street in Fort Worth, Texas at a cost of $14,668. The top left corner of the document shows an architectural drawing of the building.

Physical Description

1 p. : ill. ; 29 x 22 cm.

Notes

Additional information about this item: The building’s first floor housed the Hebrew School, the rabbi’s study, a meeting room, and library; the second floor housed a kitchen, auditorium, and banquet hall; the third floor, a gymnasium, showers, and locker rooms. During WWI and WWII, it served as a center for Jewish soldiers. The building was purchased by the Danciger family in 1951 for use as an office building and later razed.

Language

Item Type

Identifier

Unique identifying numbers for this text in the Portal or other systems.

Collections

This text is part of the following collection of related materials.

Rescuing Texas History, 2010

Rescuing Texas History, 2010 is comprised of photographs, postcards, maps, letters, yearbooks, and other materials that reflect on bygone eras of Texas history.

What responsibilities do I have when using this text?

When

Dates and time periods associated with this text.

Creation Date

  • 1913~

Coverage Date

Added to The The Portal to Texas History

  • Sept. 29, 2010, 3:59 p.m.

Description Last Updated

  • June 24, 2013, 1:51 p.m.

Usage Statistics

When was this text last used?

Yesterday: 0
Past 30 days: 1
Total Uses: 36

Where

Geographical information about where this text originated or about its content.

Map Information

  • map marker Automatically generated Place Name coordinates.
  • Repositioning map may be required for optimal printing.

Mapped Locations

Interact With This Text

Here are some suggestions for what to do next.

Start Reading

Citations, Rights, Re-Use

Hebrew Institute. Board. [Hebrew Institute Building Fund Committee], text, 1913~; (texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth117173/: accessed April 28, 2017), University of North Texas Libraries, The Portal to Texas History, texashistory.unt.edu; crediting Fort Worth Jewish Archives.