[Sample Jewish Marriage Certificate] Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title [Sample Jewish Marriage Certificate]
Author: Rabbinical AssemblyCreator Type: OrganizationCreator Info: New York
Artist: Kremer, JonathanContributor Type: Personal
- Creation: 1990
- Physical Description: 1 p. : col. ill. ; 43 x 57 cm.
- Content Description: Sample marriage certificate (called a Ketubah) presented to couples married at the Congregation Ahavath Sholom in Fort Worth, Texas as of 1990. The certificate includes three panels. On the far left, text primarily in English describes the vows of marriage. In the center, the main text of the certificate is in Hebrew with blanks for specific information; the text is surrounded by illustrations of plants and crops. On the far right there are lines for names and signatures of participants and witnesses. This form was designed by the Rabbinical Assembly (an organization of American Conservative rabbis).
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Religion - Denominations - Jewish
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Religion - Churches - Congregations
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Government and Law - Vital Records - Marriages
- Keyword: Jewish communities
- Keyword: Ahavath Sholom
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Tarrant County - Fort Worth
- Coverage Date: 1990
Name: Rescuing Texas History, 2010Code: SG10
Name: Fort Worth Jewish ArchivesCode: FWJA
- Accession or Local Control No: FWJA-CAS-Ketubot-000-001
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metapth117175