The Texas Almanac for 1858 Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title The Texas Almanac for 1858
- Serial Title The Texas Almanac
Name: Richardson & Co.Place of Publication: Galveston, TexasAdditional Info: "Galveston: Prepared, Printed and Published by Richardson & Co., at the 'News' Office, 1857."
- Creation: 1857
- Content Description: The almanac covers general topics about the state of Texas including statistics for individual counties, agriculture, expenditures, and weather, as well as discussions of legal and social issues of the time.
- Physical Description: 194 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Texas -- Statistics.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Texas -- History.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Places - United States - Texas
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Government and Law
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Business, Economics and Finance
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Agriculture
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Education
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: People - Individuals
- Keyword: almanacs
- Keyword: taxes
- Keyword: horticulture
- Keyword: astrology
- Keyword: debts
- Keyword: railroads
- Keyword: lunar cycles
- Keyword: solar cycles
- Place Name: United States - Texas
- Time Period: tex-fron
- Coverage Date: 1858
Name: Texas AlmanacCode: TXALC
Name: Texas State Historical AssociationCode: TSHA
- Display Note: Full title from the title page: "The Texas Almanac, for 1858; Giving Annual Statistics of the State, and the Progress of Improvements in Agriculture, Commerce and Manufactures, the Increase of Population, Wealth and Revenue; of Churches Schools, Charitable Institutions, &c.; Lands Patented and Unpatented; Statistics and Description of all the Counties; Custom Houses, Light Houses, Fortifications, Military Posts, Railroads, River Improvements, &c. Lives of Distinguished Texians; History of Texas, Continued Annually, and Designed to Embrace Many Original Documents and Important Historical Facts, Furnished by Living Witnesses, Never Before Published."