The Texas Almanac and State Industrial Guide 1925 Page: 4
The following text was automatically extracted from the image on this page using optical character recognition software:
Service is Ser vice
- - 3188 miles of main track splendidlymaintained;
- - from St. Louis and Kansas City on the ,orth
to San Antonio and Galveston on the south;
- - serves the biggest cities in the biggest state.-
- - a record for prompt, dependable freight move-
- - a record for "on-time" performance of passen-
- - three fine, fast passenger trains, the Katy Flyer,
the Katy Limited and the Texas Special;
- - dining cars on all through trains;
- - oil for fuel, and "booster" equipped engines,
prime factors in comfort and efficiency;
- - the longest continuous engine run in the world,
871 miles between Franklin, Mo., and San
. Antonio, Tex.
Travel and ship via KATY for Service
Here’s what’s next.
This book can be searched. Note: Results may vary based on the legibility of text within the document.
Tools / Downloads
Get a copy of this page or view the extracted text.
Citing and Sharing
Basic information for referencing this web page. We also provide extended guidance on usage rights, references, copying or embedding.
Reference the current page of this Book.
The Texas Almanac and State Industrial Guide 1925, book, 1925~; Dallas, Texas. (texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth123783/m1/4/: accessed October 23, 2017), University of North Texas Libraries, The Portal to Texas History, texashistory.unt.edu; crediting Texas State Historical Association.