Cotton year in Killeen, Texas Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Cotton year in Killeen, Texas
- Creation: c. 1905 - 1906
- Digitized: 2006-04
- Content Description: Photograph, taken 1905 or 1906, depicts cotton loaded on a railroad car. A group of men stand atop the bales and alongside on a platform; men sit in two horse-drawn drays next to the pile of bales. The caption for the photograph reads: Loading bales of cotton on flat cars at Santa Fe Station in a bumper cotton year. Two-wheeled drays (left) hauled bales from cotton yard located in the 400 block of Avenue D.
- Physical Description: 40 x 50 cm., b&w.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Agriculture - Processing and Storage - Cotton Gins
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Cotton manufacture - Texas - Killeen.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Killeen (Tex.) - History - Photographs.
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Bell County - Killeen
- Time Period: new-sou
- Start Date: 1905
- End Date: 1906
Name: Rescuing Texas History, 2006Code: SG06
Name: Killeen City Library SystemCode: KCT
- Rights Access: public
- Digital Preservation: creationAppName: Adobe Photoshop creationAppVersion: 7 creationHardware: Betterlight Super8k