Academy of the Sacred Heart Convent and School

Description

Aeriel photograph of Hallettsville. Sacred Heart Music Hall is on the left and Sacred Heart Catholic Church is on the right. The central building in view is Sacred Heart Academy. In the foreground of Sacred Heart Academy is a fenced in yard. There is a road with a fence on either side that runs in between the buildings.

Physical Description

1 photograph : b&w ; 12 x 25 cm., on mat 15 x 26 cm.

Creation Information

Creator: Unknown. Creation Date: Unknown.

Context

This photograph is part of the collection entitled: Rescuing Texas History, 2010 and was provided by Friench Simpson Memorial Library to The Portal to Texas History, a digital repository hosted by the UNT Libraries. It has been viewed 56 times . More information about this photograph can be viewed below.

Who

People and organizations associated with either the creation of this photograph or its content.

Creator

  • We've been unable to identify the creator(s) of this photograph.

Rights Holder

For guidance see Citations, Rights, Re-Use.

  • Unknown

Audiences

Check out our Resources for Educators Site! We've identified this photograph as a primary source within our collections. Researchers, educators, and students may find this photograph useful in their work.

Provided By

Friench Simpson Memorial Library

Friench Simpson Memorial Library contributes its collection of photographs of Halletsville and Lavaca County, Texas, many of which were taken by Texas photographer Henry Jacob Braunig. Recognized as one of the premier photographers in Texas, Braunig established his permanent studio in Halletsville in 1887 and continued taking photographs until his death in 1945.

Contact Us

What

Descriptive information to help identify this photograph. Follow the links below to find similar items on the Portal.

Description

Aeriel photograph of Hallettsville. Sacred Heart Music Hall is on the left and Sacred Heart Catholic Church is on the right. The central building in view is Sacred Heart Academy. In the foreground of Sacred Heart Academy is a fenced in yard. There is a road with a fence on either side that runs in between the buildings.

Physical Description

1 photograph : b&w ; 12 x 25 cm., on mat 15 x 26 cm.

Subjects

University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure

Language

Item Type

Identifier

Unique identifying numbers for this photograph in the Portal or other systems.

Collections

This photograph is part of the following collection of related materials.

Rescuing Texas History, 2010

Rescuing Texas History 2010, presents local history materials from twelve partners: Bell/Whittington Public Library, Cedar Hill Museum of History, Cleveland Historic Society, Cooke County Library, Dallas Firefighters Museum, Dallas Municipal Archives, Dolph Briscoe Center for American History, Fort Worth Jewish Archives, Friench Simpson Memorial Library, Harris County Archives, Longview Public Library, McAllen Memorial Public Library, Mesquite Public Library, Midwestern State University, Richardson Public Library, St. Philips College, Texas Woman's University, and the University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio.

What responsibilities do I have when using this photograph?

When

Dates and time periods associated with this photograph.

Dates

  • This photograph's creation, acceptance, or submission date is unknown.

Covered Time Period

Start & End Dates

  • 1891 - 1932

Added to The Portal to Texas History

  • Nov. 14, 2010, 8:29 p.m.

Usage Statistics

When was this photograph last used?

Yesterday: 0
Past 30 days: 1
Total Uses: 56

Where

Geographical information about where this photograph originated or about its content.

Map Information

  • map marker Automatically generated Place Name coordinates.
  • Repositioning map may be required for optimal printing.

Mapped Locations

Interact With This Photograph

Here are some suggestions for what to do next.

Start Viewing

Citations, Rights, Re-Use

Academy of the Sacred Heart Convent and School, photograph, Date Unknown; (texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth128813/: accessed December 9, 2016), University of North Texas Libraries, The Portal to Texas History, texashistory.unt.edu; crediting Friench Simpson Memorial Library.