Fire Protection, Hallettsville, Texas Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Fire Protection, Hallettsville, Texas
Photographer: BraunigCreator Type: Personal
- Creation: 1916~
- Content Description: Postcard of a group of firemen posing in the Hallettsville Fire Department's Horse and Fire Wagon on LaGrange Street in front of the Fire Hall. According to accompanying information, the persons in the wagon (left to right) are Richard Waltersdorf, John E. Buss, and O. T. East, and the horse is called "Headlight." "Fire Protection, Hallettsville, Texas" is printed beneath the image. On the back is a letter written to Mrs. Henry Messer in Shiner, Texas.
- Physical Description: 1 postcard : b&w ; 8 x 14 cm.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Government and Law - Civil Servants - Firefighters
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: People - Groups
- Keyword: fire wagons
- Keyword: horses
- Keyword: firefighters
- Keyword: firehouses
- Named Person: Waltersdorf, Richard
- Named Person: Buss, John E.
- Named Person: East, O. T.
- Keyword: Headlight
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Business, Economics and Finance - Transportation - Horse-Drawn Vehicles
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Lavaca County - Hallettsville
- Time Period: new-sou
- Coverage Date: 1916~
Name: Rescuing Texas History, 2010Code: SG10
Name: Friench Simpson Memorial LibraryCode: FSML
- Accession or Local Control No: FSML_T-40211
- Digital Preservation: creationAppName: Adobe Photoshop creationAppVersion: CS creationHardware: Epson Perfection V700 Photo