Plano de los Dos Laredos

Description

Plat of the 'two Laredos' (Laredo, Texas and New Laredo, Mexico) from January 1881. The map appears to be a cadastral map with numbered (and lettered) lots in both cities, likely showing ownership. Some streets are labeled as well as Fort McIntosh (noted as a "U.S. Military Reservation") in Laredo and the Campo de Marte in Nuevo Laredo.

Physical Description

1 map ; 95 x 70 cm.

Creation Information

Laroche, E. R. January 1881.

Context

This map is part of the collection entitled: Rescuing Texas History, 2006 and was provided by Laredo Public Library to The Portal to Texas History, a digital repository hosted by the UNT Libraries. It has been viewed 509 times , with 4 in the last month . More information about this map can be viewed below.

Who

People and organizations associated with either the creation of this map or its content.

Cartographer

Publisher

  • E. R. Laroche
    Publisher Info: "Publicado por E. R. Laroche."
    Place of Publication: [Mexico]

Rights Holders

For guidance see Citations, Rights, Re-Use.

  • Unknown

Audiences

Check out our Resources for Educators Site! We've identified this map as a primary source within our collections. Researchers, educators, and students may find this map useful in their work.

Provided By

Laredo Public Library

The Laredo Public Library materials include local history materials selected for the grant Rescuing Texas History through the Digitization of At-Risk Photographs and Maps. Images include photographs of the border area, Fort McIntosh and maps of early Laredo.

Contact Us

What

Descriptive information to help identify this map. Follow the links below to find similar items on the Portal.

Titles

  • Main Title: Plano de los Dos Laredos
  • Parallel Title: [Plat of the Two Laredos]

Description

Plat of the 'two Laredos' (Laredo, Texas and New Laredo, Mexico) from January 1881. The map appears to be a cadastral map with numbered (and lettered) lots in both cities, likely showing ownership. Some streets are labeled as well as Fort McIntosh (noted as a "U.S. Military Reservation") in Laredo and the Campo de Marte in Nuevo Laredo.

Physical Description

1 map ; 95 x 70 cm.

Subjects

Keywords

Library of Congress Subject Headings

University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure

Languages

Item Type

Identifier

Unique identifying numbers for this map in the Portal or other systems.

Collections

This map is part of the following collection of related materials.

Rescuing Texas History, 2006

Rescuing Texas History through the Digitization of At-risk Photographs and Maps, 2006, presents local history materials from eleven partners: the Clay County Historical Society, Genevieve Miller Public Library, the Palestine Public Library, the Laredo Public Library, the Archives of the Big Bend at Sul Ross State University, the Moore Memorial Public Library, UT Pan-American, the Clark Hotel Museum, the Austin Public Library, and Concordia University at Austin. Funding is provided by the Summerlee Foundation of Dallas.

What responsibilities do I have when using this map?

When

Dates and time periods associated with this map.

Creation Date

  • January 1881

Added to The Portal to Texas History

  • May 8, 2006, 1:46 p.m.

Description Last Updated

  • Nov. 10, 2009, 6:53 p.m.

Usage Statistics

When was this map last used?

Yesterday: 0
Past 30 days: 4
Total Uses: 509

Where

Geographical information about where this map originated or about its content.

Map Information

  • map marker Automatically generated Place Name coordinates.
  • map marker Automatically generated Publication Place coordinates.
  • Repositioning map may be required for optimal printing.

Mapped Locations

Interact With This Map

Here are some suggestions for what to do next.

Enlarge

Citations, Rights, Re-Use

Laroche, E. R. Plano de los Dos Laredos, map, January 1881; [Mexico]. (texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth13215/: accessed July 28, 2016), University of North Texas Libraries, The Portal to Texas History, texashistory.unt.edu; crediting Laredo Public Library.