[1853 boundaries of the City of Laredo]

Description

Sketch of land leased from the City of Laredo by the United States Government for use of the U. S. Army stationed at Fort McIntosh.

Physical Description

1 map

Creation Information

Creator: Unknown. 1853.

Context

This map is part of the collection entitled: Rescuing Texas History, 2006 and was provided by the Laredo Public Library to The Portal to Texas History, a digital repository hosted by the UNT Libraries. It has been viewed 1281 times. More information about this map can be viewed below.

Who

People and organizations associated with either the creation of this map or its content.

Creator

  • We've been unable to identify the creator(s) of this map.

Audiences

Check out our Resources for Educators Site! We've identified this map as a primary source within our collections. Researchers, educators, and students may find this map useful in their work.

Provided By

Laredo Public Library

The Joe A. Guerra Laredo Public Library materials include local history materials selected for the grant Rescuing Texas History through the Digitization of At-Risk Photographs and Maps. Images include photographs of the border area, Fort McIntosh and maps of early Laredo.

Contact Us

What

Descriptive information to help identify this map. Follow the links below to find similar items on the Portal.

Description

Sketch of land leased from the City of Laredo by the United States Government for use of the U. S. Army stationed at Fort McIntosh.

Physical Description

1 map

Language

Item Type

Identifier

Unique identifying numbers for this map in the Portal or other systems.

Collections

This map is part of the following collection of related materials.

Rescuing Texas History, 2006

Rescuing Texas History is a project that aims to digitize at-risk photographs, maps, artwork, and more. Funding was provided by the Summerlee Foundation of Dallas.

What responsibilities do I have when using this map?

When

Dates and time periods associated with this map.

Creation Date

  • 1853

Covered Time Period

Coverage Date

Added to The Portal to Texas History

  • May 8, 2006, 1:37 p.m.

Description Last Updated

  • Nov. 24, 2009, 5:07 p.m.

Usage Statistics

When was this map last used?

Yesterday: 0
Past 30 days: 3
Total Uses: 1,281

Where

Geographical information about where this map originated or about its content.

Map Information

  • map marker Place Name coordinates. (May be approximate.)
  • Repositioning map may be required for optimal printing.

Help Map this Map

Tell us if you know the precise location of this item. In the lower-left corner of map below, select either the pin () or the box (). Drop a pin or drag to create a new rectangle. Zoom and Pan the map as needed.

Mapped Locations

Interact With This Map

Here are some suggestions for what to do next.

Enlarge

International Image Interoperability Framework

IIF Logo

We support the IIIF Presentation API

[1853 boundaries of the City of Laredo], map, 1853; (https://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth13216/: accessed June 27, 2022), University of North Texas Libraries, The Portal to Texas History, https://texashistory.unt.edu; crediting Laredo Public Library.

Back to Top of Screen