Receiver's Memorandum Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Receiver's Memorandum
Texas. General Land Office.Creator Type: Organization
Contributor: O.N. HollingsworthContributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Receiver at Texas General Land Office
Draftsman: O. Henry, 1862-1910Contributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: O. Henry is the pseudonym of William Sydney Porter, as he was known early in his life and before he became a published writer. O. Henry worked at the Texas General Land Office from 1887 to 1891 under Land Commissioner and family friend Richard Hall. His wage was $100 per month. He worked as a draftsman and completed two known maps, one of Kent County and one of Webb County, both distinguished by their illustrations of Texas landscapes.
Name: Texas. General Land Office.Place of Publication: Austin, Texas
- Creation: 1887-06/1888-12
- Physical Description: 2 pp. ; 8 x 13 5/8 inch ledger sheets.
- Content Description: These two pages are exerpts from a 141-page Receivers Memorandum dated 1887-1888. Pages appear to show payroll advances to O. Henry, here identified by his given name William S. Porter or W.S. Porter, for the months of June 1887 through December 1887. These pages are written in O. Henry's hand, and show his signature several times.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Henry, O., 1862-1910.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Texas. General Land Office.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Wages -- Accounting.
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Travis County - Austin
- Time Period: new-sou
- Other: Receiver's Memorandum, 1887-1888, Administrative Records, Archives and Records Program, Texas General Land Office, Austin.
- Preferred Citation: Receiver's Memorandum, 1878-1888, page 34, Administrative Records, Archives and Records Program, Texas General Land Office, Austin.
- Is Part Of: GLO Administrative Records
Name: O. Henry ProjectCode: OHENRY
Name: Texas General Land OfficeCode: GLO
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: pd
- Accession or Local Control No: GLO_1060294_Page_049.tif
- Accession or Local Control No: GLO_1060294_Page_079.tif
- Accession or Local Control No: GLO_1060924
- Accession or Local Control No: RM 000001
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metapth139467