My Recollections of O. Henry (W. S. Porter) Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title My Recollections of O. Henry (W. S. Porter)
Attributed name: Frank MaddoxCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Frank M. Maddox (1851-1921), along with his brother John W. Maddox (1846-1915), began working as a surveyor in the Texas panhandle in the early 1870's. With Charles E. Anderson (1852-1924), the brothers formed the firm of Maddox Brothers and Anderson in the mid-1880's. W. S. Porter, also known by the pseudonym O. Henry, worked for the firm in the mid-1880's. The Maddox Brothers spent time in the General Land Office for their business at the same time that O. Henry was employed there.
Name: Texas. General Land OfficePlace of Publication: Austin, Texas
- Creation: 191?
- Physical Description: 3 pp. ; 8 1/2 x 14 in.
- Physical Description: Typescript.
- Content Description: Short character sketch of O. Henry as a young man, before he was a published writer, when he worked as a draftsman at the General Land Office and for Maddox Brothers and Anderson.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Henry, O., 1862-1910.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Texas. General Land Office.
- Item is a Primary Source
- Coverage Date: late 1800's
- Time Period: new-sou
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Travis County - Austin
- Preferred Citation: "My Recollections of O. Henry," Frank M. Maddox, Maddox Family Papers, Texas General Land Office, Austin.
- Is Part Of: Maddox Family Papers
Name: O. Henry ProjectCode: OHENRY
Name: Texas General Land OfficeCode: GLO
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: pd
- Accession or Local Control No: GLO_1060296
- Accession or Local Control No: MBC 000001