Hereford Reporter (Hereford, Tex.), Vol. 1, No. 8, Ed. 1 Saturday, April 13, 1901

One of 54 issues in the title: Hereford Reporter available on this site.

Description

Weekly newspaper from Hereford, Texas that includes local, state and national news along with advertising.

Physical Description

eight pages : b&w ; page 16 x 11 in. Digitized from 35 mm. microfilm.

Creation Information

Creator: Unknown. April 13, 1901.

Context

This newspaper is part of the collection entitled: Texas Digital Newspaper Program and one other and was provided by Deaf Smith County Library to The Portal to Texas History, a digital repository hosted by the UNT Libraries. It has been viewed 72 times . More information about this issue can be viewed below.

Who

People and organizations associated with either the creation of this newspaper or its content.

Creator

  • We've been unable to identify the creator(s) of this issue.

Publisher

Rights Holders

For guidance see Citations, Rights, Re-Use.

  • Unknown

Audiences

Check out our Resources for Educators Site! We've identified this newspaper as a primary source within our collections. Researchers, educators, and students may find this issue useful in their work.

Provided By

Deaf Smith County Library

The Deaf Smith County Library collections include the Bill and Marcella Bradly Collection, consisting of photographic negatives documenting the history, people, businesses, and ranches of Deaf Smith County. Also included are two local history books: Deaf Smith County: The Land and Its People and A History of Deaf Smith County, featuring Pioneer Families, as well as local souvenir guides. This project is supported in part by Humanities Texas, the state partner of the National Endowment for the Humanities.

Contact Us

What

Descriptive information to help identify this newspaper. Follow the links below to find similar items on the Portal.

Titles

  • Main Title: Hereford Reporter (Hereford, Tex.), Vol. 1, No. 8, Ed. 1 Saturday, April 13, 1901
  • Serial Title: Hereford Reporter

Description

Weekly newspaper from Hereford, Texas that includes local, state and national news along with advertising.

Physical Description

eight pages : b&w ; page 16 x 11 in.
Digitized from 35 mm. microfilm.

Language

Item Type

Identifier

Unique identifying numbers for this issue in the Portal or other systems.

Collections

This issue is part of the following collections of related materials.

Texas Digital Newspaper Program

The Texas Digital Newspaper Program (TDNP) partners with communities, publishers, and institutions to promote standards-based digitization of Texas newspapers and to make them freely accessible via The Portal to Texas History.

Margaret Formby Memorial Collection

The Margaret Formby Memorial Collection features the Deaf Smith County Library's set of 374 historical newspapers published in Hereford, Texas from 1901-1908. The fully-searchable collection of newspapers was made possible by donations to the Deaf Smith County Friends of the Library in memory of Mrs. Formby, who was dedicated to the preservation of Texas history.

What responsibilities do I have when using this newspaper?

When

Dates and time periods associated with this newspaper.

Creation Date

  • April 13, 1901

Added to The Portal to Texas History

  • Feb. 10, 2011, 12:43 p.m.

Description Last Updated

  • July 15, 2011, 2:44 p.m.

Usage Statistics

When was this issue last used?

Yesterday: 0
Past 30 days: 0
Total Uses: 72

Where

Geographical information about where this newspaper originated or about its content.

Publication Place

Map Information

  • map marker Automatically generated Place Name coordinates.
  • map marker Automatically generated Publication Place coordinates.
  • Repositioning map may be required for optimal printing.

Mapped Locations

Interact With This Newspaper

Here are some suggestions for what to do next.

Hereford Reporter (Hereford, Tex.), Vol. 1, No. 8, Ed. 1 Saturday, April 13, 1901, newspaper, April 13, 1901; Hereford, Texas. (texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth142242/: accessed December 3, 2016), University of North Texas Libraries, The Portal to Texas History, texashistory.unt.edu; crediting Deaf Smith County Library.