Investigations into the Nature, Causation, and Prevention of Texas or Southern Cattle Fever Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Investigations into the Nature, Causation, and Prevention of Texas or Southern Cattle Fever
- Added Title Texas Fever
Author: Smith, TheoboldCreator Type: Personal
Author: Kilborne, Fred LuciusCreator Type: Personal
Name: Government Printing OfficePlace of Publication: WashingtonAdditional Info: "Published by Authority of the Secretary of Agriculture"
- Creation: 1893
- Content Description: This book serves as "a report on the nature, causation, and prevention of Texas cattle fever" (p. 9) or the infection of cattle by ticks. It includes statistical tables and illustrations of red blood corpuscles infected by ticks. Index begins on page 297.
- Physical Description: 301 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 24 cm.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Cattle -- Diseases.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Babesiosis in cattle -- Texas.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Agriculture - Domestic Animals - Cattle
- Keyword: parasites
- Keyword: infections
- Keyword: ticks
- Keyword: cattle
- Keyword: diseases
- Keyword: illnesses
- Keyword: immunizations
- Place Name: United States - Texas
- Time Period: slav
- Time Period: civ-war
- Time Period: cat-bom
- Time Period: new-sou
- Start Date: 1863
- End Date: 1893
Name: Rescuing Texas History, 2010Code: SG10
Name: University of Texas Health Science Center LibrariesCode: UTHSC
- Library of Congress Control Number: agr 09-1141
- OCLC: 3340067
- Call Number: SF 805 S662I 1893
- Display Note: From the title page: "U. S. Department of Agriculture, Bureau of Animal Industry, Bulletin No. 1. Made under the direction of Dr. D. E. Salmon, Chief of the Bureau of Animal Industry."