San Antonio de Bexar: A Guide and History Page: 38
This book is part of the collection entitled: Rescuing Texas History, 2010 and was provided to The Portal to Texas History by the University of Texas Health Science Center Libraries .
The following text was automatically extracted from the image on this page using optical character recognition software:
SAN ANTONIO DE BEXAR.
Fernando" (San Antonio). The Lower Courts first decided and established the
boundaries of the Original Grant to the city (John James, Sr., surveying the same)*
and gave judgment for the city. The Supreme Court affirmed the decision, and
upon this rests the title to all lands situated within the " Town Tract," as it is
now called. Vide : Tex. Rep. Vol. VII, pp. 288, et seq.
Passing from the old-time reflections and recollections the reader's attention
is invited to the following remarkable table for which we are indebted to the
daily press. It shows the comparative sales during the first six months of the
years 1889 and 1890:
January, 1889 ...... .............$ 171,045
January, 1890. .......... ...... 574,889
February, 1889... . . . . . . 160,315
February, 1890.. 397,559
March, 1889. ... 191,822
March, 1890 .... 704,247
April, 1889..... 293,441
April, 1890 . . . 132,134
May, 1889. 319,438
May, 1890 ....... 1.489,692
June, 1889. . 183. 198
June, 1890 . . 1,004,502
*. October 29, 1819. The Council resolved to ask the United States Minister to Madrid to secure a
copy of the Original Grant to the Corporation or town of San Fernando, in the Province of Texas or New
Here’s what’s next.
This book can be searched. Note: Results may vary based on the legibility of text within the document.
Citing and Sharing
Basic information for referencing this web page. We also provide extended guidance on usage rights, references, copying or embedding.
Reference the current page of this Book.
Corner, William. San Antonio de Bexar: A Guide and History, book, 1890; San Antonio, Texas. (texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth143549/m1/80/: accessed March 30, 2017), University of North Texas Libraries, The Portal to Texas History, texashistory.unt.edu; crediting University of Texas Health Science Center Libraries.