Texas Nature Observations and Reminiscenses Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Texas Nature Observations and Reminiscenses
Author: Menger, R.Creator Type: Personal
Name: Guessaz & Ferlet CompanyPlace of Publication: San Antonio, Texas
- Creation: 1913
- Content Description: This book serves as a "treatise on insect and animal life" (p. 4) in and around San Antonio, Texas. It discusses the life patterns and behavior of Texas insects, fish, reptiles and other animals, as well as the hunting practices of the time, all in great detail and with accompanying photographs.
- Physical Description: 323 p. : ill., ports. ; 26 cm.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Animals -- Texas -- San Antonio.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Insects -- Texas -- San Antonio.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Landscape and Nature - Wildlife
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Landscape and Nature - Plants
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Sports and Recreation - Hunting
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Sports and Recreation - Fishing
- Keyword: insects
- Keyword: reptiles
- Keyword: animals
- Keyword: cactus
- Keyword: snakes
- Keyword: spiders
- Keyword: bats
- Keyword: birds
- Keyword: fish
- Keyword: lizards
- Keyword: deer
- Keyword: halftone plates
- Keyword: photographs
- Keyword: engravings
- Place Name: United States - Texas
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Bexar County - San Antonio
- Time Period: new-sou
- Coverage Date: 1913
Name: Rescuing Texas History, 2010Code: SG10
Name: University of Texas Health Science Center LibrariesCode: UTHSC
- OCLC: 1812783
- Library of Congress Control Number: 44-44117
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metapth143558
- Display Note: There is a handwritten note and signature by the author on the first page reading, "With Compliments to the Bexar County Medical Society, San Antonio, Texas, R. Menger, M. D." Page 321 is skipped in the pagination of this book.