Reminiscences of reconstruction in Texas ; and, Reminiscences of Texas and Texans fifty years ago Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Reminiscences of reconstruction in Texas ; and, Reminiscences of Texas and Texans fifty years ago
Author: Wood, William D.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: 1828-
- Creation: 1902
- Content Description: The author's personal recollections of the Reconstruction in Texas. The work is "intended to be illustrative of the conditions existing in Texas, the customs, feelings, and sentiments of the people, that came under the obersvation of the author at that time; and in addition some short sketches of the judges that occupied the bench and the lawyers that practiced in the Third and Thirteenth Judicial Districts fifty years ago, with a few short sketches of some early settlers, clerical and lay"
- Physical Description: 58 p. ; 23 cm.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Lawyers -- Texas.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Texas -- History.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Government and Law
- Place Name: United States - Texas
- Time Period: civ-war
- Start Date: 1846
- End Date: 1875
Name: Rare Book and Texana CollectionsCode: UNTRB
Name: UNT LibrariesCode: UNT
- OCLC: 2691647
- Other: 06023058
- Other: F391 .W87
- Display Note: "The first part of the 'Reminiscences of Texas and Texans ...' was published in the Quarterly of the Texas Historical Association, volume V, no. 2. The third part of these reminiscences was published in the Quarterly, volume IV, no. 3 ... The second part ... was published in the Houston Chronicle ... the 9th and 15th of August, 1902."--Pref. Gift/3.00 INTX
- Digital Preservation: creationAppName: Omniscan creationAppVersion: 11 creationAppName: Adobe Photoshop creationAppVersion: 7 creationHardware: Zeutschel OS 10000