The Southwestern Historical Quarterly, Volume 44, July 1940 - April, 1941 Page: 139
During the coming year an effort will be made to expand
the Junior Historians. It is hoped that at least one hundred
chapters will be formed before June. We are considering the
publication of a supplement to the Quarterly, which will bear
the title The Junior Historian. In this publication will appear
the historical writings of the members, reports of chapter ac-
tivities and other matters of interest.
A plan is also under way to establish the Texas State His-
torical Tours. If this plan matures, groups of high school
students under the guidance of able historians will have an
opportunity to go on a conducted tour of the historic places
Teachers and students who are interested in organizing a
chapter of the Junior Historians or in the tours should write
the Texas State Historical Association, University Station,
The following chapters of the Junior Historians have been
organized since the last report:
Saint Jo High School
The club was organized in March and has as its sponsor
Miss Doris Clark. There are twenty-three charter members,
five of whom attended the annual meeting of the Association
in Austin. The list of officers has not yet been submitted.
San Marcos Academy
President, Barney Chaudoin
Secretary, Helen McFerrin
Sponsors, Webb L. Moore and Mrs. W. A. Wyatt (Dudley
Here’s what’s next.
Show all pages in this issue.
This issue can be searched. Note: Results may vary based on the legibility of text within the document.
Citing and Sharing
Basic information for referencing this web page. We also provide extended guidance on usage rights, references, copying or embedding.
Reference the current page of this Periodical.
Texas State Historical Association. The Southwestern Historical Quarterly, Volume 44, July 1940 - April, 1941, periodical, 1941; Austin, Texas. (texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth146052/m1/147/ocr/: accessed February 21, 2017), University of North Texas Libraries, The Portal to Texas History, texashistory.unt.edu; crediting Texas State Historical Association.