[Photograph of Passenger Pier in Texas City] Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title [Photograph of Passenger Pier in Texas City]
- Creation: [1912..1913]
- Digitized: 2006-06-14
- No Language
- Content Description: Photograph of a long wooden pier, wide enough to hold automobile traffic, running out into the bay. At the end of the pier, a structure of some kind can be seen. Electric poles line the left side of the pier. Three women dressed in long dresses and hats stand looking over the rail. Farther down the pier, an automobile and a single pedestrian share the pier.
- Physical Description: 1 photograph : b&w ; 8 x 18 cm.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Places - United States - Texas - Galveston County - Texas City
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Business, Economics and Finance - Transportation - Automobiles
- Thesaurus for Graphic Materials (LC): Automobiles - Texas - Texas City
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Landscape and Nature - Water - Gulf of Mexico
- Thesaurus for Graphic Materials (LC): Piers & wharves - Texas - Texas City
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Galveston County - Texas City
- Time Period: new-sou
- Start Date: 1912
- End Date: 1913
Name: Rescuing Texas History, 2006Code: SG06
Name: Moore Memorial Public LibraryCode: MMPL
- Rights Access: public
- Accession or Local Control No: TCIM-19
- Display Note: [This photograph was also published on page 25 in Texas City : Images of the Twentieth Century by Collier A. Campbell and Susie M. Moncla, published by The Donning Company Publishers in 1999. The caption there is listed as "Texas City passenger pier, 1912-1913."]
- Digital Preservation: creationAppName: Adobe Photoshop creationAppVersion: 7 creationHardware: UMAX Powerlook 2100 XL